Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 07-11-2006, 11:06 AM   #31
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
here you go: http://gutenberg.spiegel.de/homer/ilias/ilias.htm
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 01:49 PM   #32
kwizmaster
kwizmaster began at the beginning.

@tribble: thx - now I remember why I never finished that book. Uuuhh - hard to read.
kwizmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2006, 01:55 PM   #33
arivero
Guru
arivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it is

Device: NCR3125, Nokia 770,...
Para los castellanohablantes, hay una version ritmica de la Iliada traducida por Agustin Garcia-Calvo. Muy recomendable.
arivero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 03:04 PM   #34
Tscherno
iLiad Geek
Tscherno began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad #505; Sony T1, Amazon Paperwhite first Gen & sec is coming!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribble
Good that you mentioned it: Is there a way to download the complete books from this site?
Tscherno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 03:10 PM   #35
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tscherno
Good that you mentioned it: Is there a way to download the complete books from this site?
Depends on the books. Some are available as complete download, others arent. They want to rework that, but i dont know when.
Advert
Old 07-11-2006, 03:10 PM   #36
b_k
Übernerd
b_k is on a distinguished road

Device: iRex iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tscherno
try the main site:
www.gutenberg.org

There seem to be most titles available at least as .txt-file.

edit: sorry, didn't realize that Gutenberg and Gutenberg-DE are a bit different.

Last edited by b_k; 07-11-2006 at 03:15 PM.
b_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 03:11 PM   #37
ElaHuguet
iLiad freak
ElaHuguet doesn't litterElaHuguet doesn't litterElaHuguet doesn't litter

¿Versión rítmica? ¿O sea, en plan poético?
ElaHuguet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 04:32 AM   #38
arivero
Guru
arivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it is

Device: NCR3125, Nokia 770,...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElaHuguet
¿Versión rítmica? ¿O sea, en plan poético?
xactamente, pero en verso castellano (sin rimar, en plan hexametros) Y pensando de una forma muy retorcida: que al igual que los griegos la entendian pero les sonaba "antiguo", hay que usar un castellano que parezca "clasico" aunque sea al coste de inventarse palabras.
arivero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 04:43 AM   #39
ElaHuguet
iLiad freak
ElaHuguet doesn't litterElaHuguet doesn't litterElaHuguet doesn't litter

Jajaja... vale, gracias... quizá un día me lanze a por ello, aunque normalmente leo en inglés.
ElaHuguet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 04:55 AM   #40
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
I'll be using it for manuals/news/and whatever I can find from Gutenburg and the Baen Free Library.

Shame Blackmask is still down. I would have read my way through the Shadow and Doc Savage series.
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 04:57 AM   #41
tribble
iLiad Maniac

i think i might finish "moving mars" from greg bear on it. if it arrives, before i am through.
Old 07-13-2006, 06:46 AM   #42
Riocaz
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I wonder how hard Baen are being hit by iLiad purchasers downloading from the free library...

I now have everything up to Eric Flint (well except Andre Norton, who I can't read)

Anyone else downloading (I'm downloading the RTF versions, and converting them into HTML as the HTML downloads are broken up by chapter and the RTF arn't.

And I grabbed a copy of Homer's Iliad from Project Gutenberg.

Last edited by Riocaz; 07-13-2006 at 06:49 AM.
Old 07-13-2006, 08:05 AM   #43
Henrycat
Zealot
Henrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheeseHenrycat can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Voyage
I'm converting Baen cds from http://baencd.thefifthimperium.com/.

This way i can read series, and some of the ebooks that aren't in the free library yet

I also prefer to convert from the RTF, since Indesign keeps the structure, italics, bolds, etc. I just have to import one file, flow it in my template, and aply justification/hiphenization. (Also like to add the cover from the cd gallery).

3 minutes for book, and it's ready to go

A lot quicker than converting to the Librie
Henrycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 11:42 AM   #44
Riocaz

Nice, thanks Henrique. I start there tomorrow.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:14 AM   #45
anorak
anorak began at the beginning.

Indesign How to?

Henrycat I was excited to read your brief description of your conversion process above and how quick it was. I am a technical computer user but not a designer and so I have never used Indesign, but do have access to a mac with it on. I was wondering if you would mind expanding on what you said above so that I could have a slightly informed go at this myself and if its not too cheeky would you share your template? I'm sure that there are other users here who could benefit as well

regards
Scott
anorak is offline   Reply With Quote