Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 03-20-2012, 11:05 AM   #811
eBooksgp
Connoisseur
eBooksgp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBooksgp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBooksgp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBooksgp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBooksgp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBooksgp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBooksgp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBooksgp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBooksgp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBooksgp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBooksgp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Finalising my next eBook "Joyride".... taken ages though, kept having the block grrr

Last edited by eBooksgp; 03-20-2012 at 11:08 AM.
eBooksgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:17 AM   #812
Nancy Fulda
I write stories.
Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Having sold (if you can call acceptance by a charity anthology a sale) the xenoarcheaologist story, I'm now working on a commission for the special fiction edition of a technology magazine.

Plot: The inventor of the world's first human-level AI system meets up with his estranged granddaughter.

Theme: Technology does not always strip us of our humanity. Sometimes, it enhances it instead.
Nancy Fulda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2012, 11:19 AM   #813
Brendan Carroll
Assassin Chronicles
Brendan Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brendan Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Starting to work on the A-Z Blog Hop Challenge that starts on Sunday, April 1. There are about 200 authors participating this year and we will be writing on topics corresponding with the letters of the alphabet starting on the first of April and going throughout the month.

[Promotional link deleted - MODERAT0R]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 03-30-2012 at 11:22 AM.
Brendan Carroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:38 PM   #814
sherryk_us
writer/reader
sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherryk_us ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs 950, Sony prs 505 and REB 1200
I love "I am Legend." I agree the book is much better than the movie. I read it when I was 13 and it hooked me on the genre for life.

Sherry
sherryk_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 06:40 PM   #815
mncowboy
Wanderer
mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, PaperWhite 2
My first book is at the editor right now - working title is "eBook Workflow: A Step by Step Process to Create EPUB and Kindle eBooks using MS Word, Sigil, and Amazon Applications".
I create a lot of personal ebooks for business trips, and I'm starting a couple books on houseboating in Europe.
mncowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2012, 07:03 PM   #816
XanderRichards
Forensic shoe polisher
XanderRichards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.XanderRichards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.XanderRichards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.XanderRichards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.XanderRichards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.XanderRichards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.XanderRichards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.XanderRichards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.XanderRichards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.XanderRichards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.XanderRichards ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
WHAT ABOUT YOU? WHAT ARE YOU WORKING ON RIGHT NOW?
Having just squirted my first novel at Bookbaby, I'm getting into the sequel.

I got all the ideas and things I wanted to happen, cut them into strips and laid them out on the kitchen floor. Then I closed the balcony door and laid them out on the kitchen floor again. I ordered them, stuck them together and wrote the plot synopsis from that.

At the moment I'm chewing over the plot synopsis and just making sure it all makes sense before I get into the serious writing, but I enjoyed doing the first one so much that I'm really looking forward to it.

Cheers,
Xander.
XanderRichards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:51 AM   #817
HistoryWes
Teacher/Novelist
HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Fulda View Post
Having sold (if you can call acceptance by a charity anthology a sale) the xenoarcheaologist story, I'm now working on a commission for the special fiction edition of a technology magazine.
Totally counts.
HistoryWes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:56 AM   #818
HistoryWes
Teacher/Novelist
HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR, iPad
I'm working on a book called Kanana: The Jungle Girl. This is a Burroughs inspired jungle story, but I think I'm taking it in a bit of a different direction than the old classic pulp tales. The mythology of the background and the science fiction nature of the setting takes it in a very different direction, and my main character is of a different type (and has a very different motivation) than most heroes.

This is also a bit of an historical novel, with several historic people appearing as supporting characters. This includes Theodore Roosevelt, whom I've always wanted to write about. I hope people will find him very lifelike, and I am making every effort to make him so. Most of his dialog in the book comes from the historic Roosevelt's own words, either written or spoken.
HistoryWes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:05 AM   #819
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I've been commissioned to write a series of short stories to coincide with a TV series in development. The stories will be part of the mixed media that will accompany the show, including social media, comics and web content.

Unfortunately, until the show is either okayed or nixed, I'm sworn to secrecy about the details! So I can't tell anyone the plot, or show it to anyone when it's done. I'm not quite sure if this counts as promotion or not...

Edit: Finished the first story, and it went over very well! Let's see how long I can churn these out...

Last edited by Steven Lyle Jordan; 04-09-2012 at 10:06 AM.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:50 AM   #820
James_Wilde
Guru
James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iriver Story
Getting to the end of 'An Apple for Teacher', a book which tackles in a sensitive fashion one of the tabus (or is it taboo in English?) of our culture, a relationship between a (female) teacher at sixth form college and one of her (male) students, how they try to come to terms with it and handle it as ethically as possible.

Got the idea from a newspaper article series about tabus, although I got the impression from the article that the pair in question skipped the ethical issues and jumped straight to the rumpy-pumpy. Not like my pair, in other words.

I'm afraid it definitely puts me in the chick-lit category, although I prefer to call it romantic drama.

Have a couple of chapters from the next book - on mail-order brides - complete, too.
James_Wilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 02:13 PM   #821
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Drafted a "Marville" story yesterday. One of a coming sequence of contemporary mainstream stories set in a mythical Oklahoma town. Hope to complete it by end of the week.

Editing an essay (as I have been for a couple of weeks) - The War on Science.
Drafted a new essay/article this morning.

Working on a novel tentatively titled 'The Angle of the Light' which is a mainstream novel. This will be in the works for a while but hope to have the draft completed by June or least in early June.

Drafting another mainstream novel tentatively titled 'The Scales of Justice'

and a poem here and there.

Last edited by kennyc; 04-18-2012 at 03:46 PM.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:36 PM   #822
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Drafted a "Marville" story yesterday. One of a coming sequence of contemporary mainstream stories set in a mythical Oklahoma town. Hope to complete it by end of the week.

Editing an essay (as I have been for a couple of weeks) - The War on Science.
Drafted a new essay/article this morning.

Working on a novel tentatively titles 'The Angle of the Light' which is a mainstream novel. This will be in the works for a while but hope to have the draft completed my June or least early June.

Drafting another mainstream novel tentatively titled 'The Scales of Justice'

and a poem here and there.
Ummm. I'm working on a single novel. Hats off to you
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:45 PM   #823
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Ummm. I'm working on a single novel. Hats off to you
Well most of these are different stages and not easily confused. The novels in particular are really just in the planning stage. I tend to focus on one task at a time before moving to a different one....but I've had to juggle things in my former job etc. etc. I figure if I'm going to be a full-time writer, I better get some work done.

Thanks!

Last edited by kennyc; 04-19-2012 at 06:46 AM.
Old 04-21-2012, 04:45 PM   #824
Authorfriendly
Psychologist and Author
Authorfriendly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Authorfriendly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Authorfriendly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Authorfriendly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Authorfriendly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Authorfriendly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Authorfriendly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Authorfriendly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Authorfriendly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Authorfriendly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Authorfriendly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I am working on some self help psychology books

I am getting ready to do publish self help books (0ne already 12K words). As a psychologist I did a lot of publishing and presenting when I was at the University of Chicago, but I did not see much in the way of royalties, except for a couple depression tests I published.

Now I am hoping I can reach a few more people with some of the topics I know about (anxiety management, eating disorders, PTSD, anger) and can't decide whether to stop soon and make the first one less expensive/free or go into more depth.
Authorfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 05:25 PM   #825
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Authorfriendly View Post
I am getting ready to do publish self help books (0ne already 12K words). As a psychologist I did a lot of publishing and presenting when I was at the University of Chicago, but I did not see much in the way of royalties, except for a couple depression tests I published.

Now I am hoping I can reach a few more people with some of the topics I know about (anxiety management, eating disorders, PTSD, anger) and can't decide whether to stop soon and make the first one less expensive/free or go into more depth.
Good for you!