Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 08-27-2013, 04:25 AM   #1
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Angry general forum but "quote message in reply" broken

I have a problem with all forums , since yesterday, and have tried 2 different browsers to no avail.

MY problem is that I am unable to tick the box labelled "quote message in reply", for any thread, in any forum. I have searched the whole site but cannot find anything relevant as search removes the words "quote" and "in", making the query useless.

I also cannot see anywhere to report this as a possible bug
I can see that other posters have recently used the quote message feature, and I have used it myself in the past, so what has changed ?

mods : please feel free to move this out of calibre forum to somewhere it will get looked at - thanks.

Ps my title should have said bug, not but - can't edit that either
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 04:33 AM   #2
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
I have a problem with all forums , since yesterday, and have tried 2 different browsers to no avail.

MY problem is that I am unable to tick the box labelled "quote message in reply", for any thread, in any forum. I have searched the whole site but cannot find anything relevant as search removes the words "quote" and "in", making the query useless.

I also cannot see anywhere to report this as a possible bug
I can see that other posters have recently used the quote message feature, and I have used it myself in the past, so what has changed ?

mods : please feel free to move this out of calibre forum to somewhere it will get looked at - thanks.

Ps my title should have said bug, not but - can't edit that either
Testing...

Edit: I had no problems. But usually I use the button inside the actual message instead.

Try clearing the cache in your web-browser. That might help.

Last edited by Adoby; 08-27-2013 at 04:36 AM.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2013, 04:43 AM   #3
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

already tried 2 browsers, one with an empty cache.

the tick box I am trying to use is below where I am currently typing. at the foot of the quick reply frame.

it says options ( in blue- not clickable) then a tick box in frotn of "quote message in reply?"
Old 08-27-2013, 04:46 AM   #4
cybmole
Wizard

Quote:
i can get the "wrap quote around selected text" to work as you see
have just run ccleaner to empty all browser caches.

still cannot use the quick reply tick box for quote message in reply
Old 08-27-2013, 04:52 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
I've never used that button and can't currently figure out how to use it.

Moderator Notice
Moving this thread to the Feedback forum.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2013, 04:54 AM   #6
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Now I can't either. But the QUOTE button is still available.

Perhaps only possible for the first reply?
Old 08-27-2013, 05:25 AM   #7
cybmole
Wizard

well I'm glad it's not my PC only - but I have used it lots in the past- I was not aware of other ways to do the same thing - so some recent upgrade to mobileread software must have bust it
Old 08-27-2013, 05:31 AM   #8
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
well I'm glad it's not my PC only - but I have used it lots in the past- I was not aware of other ways to do the same thing - so some recent upgrade to mobileread software must have bust it
I'm curious, what does it do different than the in-message quote and multi-quote buttons?
Old 08-27-2013, 05:42 AM   #9
cybmole
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
I'm curious, what does it do different than the in-message quote and multi-quote buttons?
(using the working reply with quote option )

I suspect it does exactly the same thing but until it gets fixed we'll never know !

maybe it has always been bust & I used to use the other soluton, but i don't think so
Old 08-27-2013, 05:56 AM   #10
Adoby
Handy Elephant

I could use it once. I also tried to log out and in, to see if that helped, but it didn't.

Not a big deal, just slightly annoying. Other ways to quote.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:01 AM   #11
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
The "Quote message in reply" button is only enabled when you click on the particular post that you'd like to be quoted in your reply. Otherwise it wouldn't know which message within a thread to quote.

See screenshot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.png
Views:	208
Size:	3.1 KB
ID:	110065  
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:06 AM   #12
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
The "Quote message in reply" button is only enabled when you click on the particular post that you'd like to be quoted in your reply. Otherwise it wouldn't know which message within a thread to quote.

See screenshot.
Works great when you know how.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:19 AM   #13
Adoby
Handy Elephant

Not a bug. A feature!
Old 08-27-2013, 07:53 AM   #14
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
MY problem is that I am unable to tick the box labelled "quote message in reply", for any thread, in any forum.
Testing...

And it works as intended (by clicking on the "quick reply" button, as Alex pointed out), but it's much better to use the "quote" button, as it lets you trim the quoted message before posting, which I've done here after editing.

Last edited by Jellby; 08-27-2013 at 07:56 AM.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:10 AM   #15
cybmole
Wizard

Iam not referring to the buttons pictures in #11 - I agree they work,

I am taking about the square box BELOW where I am currently typing - do I have to provide a screen shot ? as per this list of what I see on screen:

layout:
Quick Reply
space for message
Options ( new bordered box)
box + quote message in reply ?
blue border containing post quick reply & go advanced buttons