Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 10:29 AM   #1
Venom.
Newcomer.
Venom. began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
A big issue with The Walking Dead Comics.

Okay, this will be a long one. Maybe I can get a little help with this.

I recently got a kindle and decided I was going to buy a few Volumes of The Walking Dead. The Kindle's capability of comic reading is quite good, and as the comic series is in black and white, it didn't bother me about the one color scheme.

However after buying one volume from the kindle store - Almost fifteen pounds - I decided I'd download the rest of the volumes through 'other means'. I've downloaded all fifteen volumes but there is a problem.

The ACTUAL volume I bought from the kindle store actually highlights each panel due to the small text of the speeches. Here is an example:

KINDLE-STORE EDITION

AUTOMATIC ZOOM OF FIRST PANEL.

So the big difference here is that the ACTUAL Kindle-store bought editions have automatic zooming of each panel of a page after the whole page is shown. This is extremely useful due to the extremely small text. I believe MY downloaded editions don't have this feature because the volumes were just converted from CRZ to MOBI format.

What I'm wondering is, is there any way to manually edit the downloaded versions of the comics in order to create a function like the kindle-store editions?

I apologize for the size of the pictures. I'm just curious about this. I'd also like to state I do own the physical volumes of The Walking Dead also, I would just like to have E-versions too for long trips etc. etc.

Last edited by Venom.; 01-20-2013 at 10:33 AM.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:46 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Panel View is a handy feature. Almost makes "legitimate" copies worth paying for, huh?

How to create Kindle books with Panel View (Region Magnification) is described in the Kindle Publishing Guidelines.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 01-20-2013 at 06:42 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:35 PM   #3
Venom.
Newcomer.

Definitely makes them worth buying, and I'll most likely end up paying for the Kindle-Store versions once I head to University. But until my money situations are sorted, I'd find this easier to do.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:59 PM   #4
Venom.
Newcomer.

I'm useless with HTML so I've got no idea how to implement the Panel View feature. Is there any way around this?
Old 01-20-2013, 06:36 PM   #5
Shack70
Guru
Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 10", Honor 8 Android Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom. View Post
I'm useless with HTML so I've got no idea how to implement the Panel View feature. Is there any way around this?
buy them!
Old 01-21-2013, 01:54 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moderator Notice
You will get no help with pirated books here. If you attempt to use MR again to get help with illegally-obtained content you WILL be banned.

Thread closed.
Closed Thread

Tags
comic, dead, editing, mobi, walking