Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-20-2012, 01:43 PM   #211
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dora_G View Post
can an ipad run calibre by itself? Or does it need to be paired with a computer? Can I run two different versions of calibre, one on computer and one on the ipad? I want to make it so that the ipad has the getbook features and I can still switch my books from one device to another sing calibre. Is that possible?
No, Calibre cannot run on an iPad. Calibre only runs on Windows, Mac OSX or Linux based systems.

An iPad can interface to a Calibre library on on one of these OS for the purpose of loading books from the Calibre library.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:38 PM   #212
aghribi
aghribi began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox m92, jetbook color, pocketbook pro 912
http://www.ebooksgratuits.com/

Thank you for all the work on this software.

I am beginning to use an e-reader and would like to see this store added to the list http://www.ebooksgratuits.com/. They offer free ebooks in french and they have an OPDS catalog http://www.ebooksgratuits.com/opds.

Also, I understand that calibre can run in a linux based os. I will soon start to use the onyx boox m92 (linux) and would like to know if anyone else is interested to see calibre run on it. It would be great to have a software reading the widest possible e-book formats on an e-reader. + other onyx smaller e-reader would benefit of it. I will also post it on the onyx forum to see what people think.

Thanks.
aghribi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:27 PM   #213
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
Is there any advantage to using the Get Books feature rather than going directly to B&N or Amazon for the book? that is, do the plugin developers or calibre developers get a rake-off as in an affiliate program?
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:11 PM   #214
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
Is there any advantage to using the Get Books feature rather than going directly to B&N or Amazon for the book? that is, do the plugin developers or calibre developers get a rake-off as in an affiliate program?
The calibre developer, Kovid, and the store plugin developer/maintainer do share in any affiliate program profit. So buying through the Get Books feature cost no more but does help support calibre and the developers.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:05 AM   #215
mXb
Addict
mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ex-Kobo Touch-Nook Simple Touch-Kobo Mini-Retina Mini
Sony Reader Store UK

I see there is a Get Books for Sony Reader Store US, is there any plan to add the UK store as well please ?

Regarding the existing Sony Reader Store US, when you click on the Get Books drop down menu, then "Stores" and finally on "Sony Reader Store" nothing happens, i.e. you are not taken to that store as you are when you click the other stores ?
mXb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:17 AM   #216
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by mXb View Post
I see there is a Get Books for Sony Reader Store US, is there any plan to add the UK store as well please ?

Regarding the existing Sony Reader Store US, when you click on the Get Books drop down menu, then "Stores" and finally on "Sony Reader Store" nothing happens, i.e. you are not taken to that store as you are when you click the other stores ?
That will be fixed in the next release. There are no plans to add the UK store, patches are welcome.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:57 PM   #217
gtime
gtime began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
E-book store request

I am a new user of Calibre and a newbie to e-readers in general. I've actually gotten involved primarily to set my wife up as an e-book user. We live in the USA, but she is an avid reader of Italian-language literature. Printed books in Italian are tough to come by here, and expensive.

How about adding Libreria IBS (www.ibs.it) to the ebook store choices in Calibre? IBS is a giant online bookseller in Italy, and offers 1000's of downloadable titles in EPUB format.

Thanks!
gtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 02:01 PM   #218
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtime View Post
I am a new user of Calibre and a newbie to e-readers in general. I've actually gotten involved primarily to set my wife up as an e-book user. We live in the USA, but she is an avid reader of Italian-language literature. Printed books in Italian are tough to come by here, and expensive.

How about adding Libreria IBS (www.ibs.it) to the ebook store choices in Calibre? IBS is a giant online bookseller in Italy, and offers 1000's of downloadable titles in EPUB format.
I have asked them 3 times for permission to add them as a store. They don't even answer. Sort-of eliminates any enthusiasm to do the work.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 02:12 PM   #219
gtime
gtime began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
E-book store request

Chaley

Thanks so much for your quick reply. It's unfortunate that IBS is so unresponsive. It's stupid on their part to ignore a request from the developers of e-reader software with such an obviously huge user base.

I'll ask my wife to write to them (in Italian) and petition them to reconsider.

I have to tell you that I'm incredibly impressed with Calibre. I utilize a lot of different database software in my work, and Calibre is the most logical, user-friendly asset-management software I have ever encountered. Bravo!
gtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:49 PM   #220
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Diesel ebooks though returns results, when double clicking does not go to the website.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:55 PM   #221
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnerp245 View Post
Diesel ebooks though returns results, when double clicking does not go to the website.
Fixed in next release.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:34 PM   #222
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Fixed in next release.
Excellent!
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 04:11 AM   #223
fflorent
fflorent began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo by fnac
Quote:
Originally Posted by aghribi
Thank you for all the work on this software.

I am beginning to use an e-reader and would like to see this store added to the list http://www.ebooksgratuits.com/. They offer free ebooks in french and they have an OPDS catalog http://www.ebooksgratuits.com/opds.
Hello aghribi,

I have sent a patch to add the store, and it has been accepted :
https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/1037255

However, currently, we cannot search for the authors, only the keywords for the titles work. An update of the OPDS code of the website is required to support author search.
fflorent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:57 PM   #224
book_lovin'_mom
book_lovin'_mom can eat soup with a fork.book_lovin'_mom can eat soup with a fork.book_lovin'_mom can eat soup with a fork.book_lovin'_mom can eat soup with a fork.book_lovin'_mom can eat soup with a fork.book_lovin'_mom can eat soup with a fork.book_lovin'_mom can eat soup with a fork.book_lovin'_mom can eat soup with a fork.book_lovin'_mom can eat soup with a fork.book_lovin'_mom can eat soup with a fork.book_lovin'_mom can eat soup with a fork.

Device: none
I'd love to have the Christian Books Distributors store on Get Books.
book_lovin'_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:15 AM   #225
veezh
plus ça change
veezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindle PW2, Voyage
Amazon stores broken?

I apologise if this is the wrong place to bring this up, or if I've missed something in my calibre installation (version 0.9.5). All the local Amazon stores are selected for the 'Get books' feature (DE, ES, FR, IT, Kindle (US) and UK).

After doing a few searches this morning for titles I know Amazon has, I don't seem to get any hits at all from any of these stores. I do get hits from other vendors, so I know the feature is working on my system -- i.e. it's not my firewall blocking the program or something.

Just thought I'd mention it, as I haven't found a discussion about this anywhere else.
veezh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, plugin, store, theanarchistlibrary