Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-03-2012, 07:18 AM   #496
Stea1th
Enthusiast
Stea1th began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 3G
To confirm I was able to register my account on the demo kindle.after I wiped it

Last edited by Stea1th; 08-03-2012 at 07:20 AM.
Stea1th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:55 AM   #497
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stea1th View Post
To confirm I was able to register my account on the demo kindle.after I wiped it
That's good!

Also, since gitbrew could be down, should i make a dump of my rootfs? (it's heavily modified,though...)

Last edited by qlob; 08-03-2012 at 12:13 PM.
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 03:47 PM   #498
rbl
rbl began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by qlob View Post
That's good!

Also, since gitbrew could be down, should i make a dump of my rootfs? (it's heavily modified,though...)
The dump of your rootfs would be appreciated. A heavily modified one is better than none at all.
rbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:06 AM   #499
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Any posted images should have the shadow file edited to replace the root hash with a DES mario password hash, like I did for the mmcblk0p2_ssh images. Otherwise people would need to know your serial number to decode your root password.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:08 PM   #500
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
(^_^)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbl View Post
The dump of your rootfs would be appreciated. A heavily modified one is better than none at all.
Just did some poking around on my windows partition (I don't use it all that much, i prefer linux mint) and found that i have seaniko7's kernel and (dasmoovers?) rootfs (with usbnet and JB already installed). I can still provide mine though, (JB,keystore,kite,fonts,launchpad,myts, etc) I just need to dump it. Currently I am working on finding a pace to host these that won't go down or have any threat of being seized by the DOJ....... (sorry for bad english -- new keybaord.....)
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:41 PM   #501
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Megaupload had a LOT of legal stuff on it. It caused a lot of problems when it was seized. Nowhere is safe once the media giants decide they want it to go away, despite how much LEGAL stuff is hosted there. Most of the debricking repair images that still work are on MediaFire. I hope it stays around for awhile, or we will have to provide .torrent files instead, and those do not stay reliable when not enough seeders keep them alive.

As many of you know, gitbrew has been offline for a few days. dasmoover said in another thread that gitbrew should be back online in a in two weeks.

Last edited by geekmaster; 03-10-2016 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Rename "forensic" to "debricking repair".
Old 08-04-2012, 02:26 PM   #502
_Abahd_
_Abahd_ can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip._Abahd_ can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip._Abahd_ can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip._Abahd_ can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip._Abahd_ can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip._Abahd_ can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip._Abahd_ can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip._Abahd_ can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip._Abahd_ can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip._Abahd_ can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip._Abahd_ can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kindle Touch
Thanks to all. My Kindle works again.

Last edited by _Abahd_; 08-06-2012 at 01:11 PM.
_Abahd_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:05 PM   #503
abishur
Enthusiast
abishur is generous with chocolateabishur is generous with chocolateabishur is generous with chocolateabishur is generous with chocolateabishur is generous with chocolateabishur is generous with chocolateabishur is generous with chocolateabishur is generous with chocolateabishur is generous with chocolateabishur is generous with chocolateabishur is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 4 Touch
Just throwing in my two cents on my experience. My kindle wasn't busted, but I couldn't upgrade it to the new 5.1.2 (apparently the custom upgrade screens I had made pissed Amazon's upgrade deal off, go figure?). Since the gitbrew site is down, I followed the instructions but used the 5.1.2 image and kernel instead of downgrading back to 5.0.0. Worked like a charm!
abishur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:25 AM   #504
geekmaster

The pastebin contains a new K4 4.0.1 diags kernel (mediafire link, not gitbrew). The old one was too short and did not work correctly.
Old 08-17-2012, 04:56 AM   #505
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
I was able to reset 4 Kindle Touch running demo software on them. However, in the settings menu they report having wifi+3g while when I register them, in my amazon account they show up as "kindle touch" (no mention of 3g). Is it because the debricking images come from a 3g kindle and those don't have it? I've tried several times but they can't connect to 3g, so I assume they don't have a modem (or a sim).
giorgio130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:01 AM   #506
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
It is harmless -
the KT firmware will just discover it can't start the modem/radio and stop trying to use it.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:36 AM   #507
geekmaster

I need a place to put my "factory fresh" K3 firmware image (350MB compressed). My mediafire account has a 200MB per file limit. Any ideas?
Old 08-20-2012, 01:51 AM   #508
Aleyst
Zealot
Aleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with others

Device: PW (7th Gen), PW (10th Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
I need a place to put my "factory fresh" K3 firmware image (350MB compressed). My mediafire account has a 200MB per file limit. Any ideas?

If you have the Dropbox desktop client, you can put it up there, just stick it in the public folder of you want it to be accessed by others

Edit: haha I'm apparently a zealot now
Aleyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:11 AM   #509
geekmaster

Okay, I put it in a multi-part zip (.zip.001 and .zip.002) and it is now uploading. It will take awhile. I hope it completes successfully. I updated the pastebin with a "place-holder" for these files. The URLs will be filled in when available.

Last edited by geekmaster; 08-20-2012 at 08:43 AM.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:43 AM   #510
geekmaster

The K3 v3.0.2 "factory fresh" uploads are now in the pastebin list. Due to upload size restrictions, the K3 main partition is in a two-part zip file. Download both parts before unzipping it.

You can upgrade to the latest v3.3 firmware after installing this older firmware.

Tags
debricking