Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-28-2011, 11:22 AM   #1
GQ Man
GQ Man began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Count Pages Problems

I have successfully installed this plugin in calibre and added 2 columns one for Pages and another for Words now when i click on the Count Pages Tab in the toolbar and it counts the words, pages all is fine but the problem im having is when i connect my Kindle 3 and transfer the books across then open up a book i cant see any indication of page numbers anywhere on the screen, what am i missing, thx
GQ Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 11:30 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
To see the page number in a Kindle book (if it has page numbers) you need to press the "Menu" key.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 11:58 AM   #3
GQ Man

Yeah i have being doing that but up comes just the standard menu, no numbers at all.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:59 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GQ Man View Post
Yeah i have being doing that but up comes just the standard menu, no numbers at all.
The page number will be shown immediately above the progress bar at the bottom of the screen. Of course, the book may not have page numbers; if it doesn't, all you'll see is the location number.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 05:36 PM   #5
GQ Man

The books that i have tried only have the Location numbers showing etc.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:24 PM   #6
mrsquash
Connoisseur
mrsquash will become famous soon enoughmrsquash will become famous soon enoughmrsquash will become famous soon enoughmrsquash will become famous soon enoughmrsquash will become famous soon enoughmrsquash will become famous soon enough

Device: K4-NT, Sony T1
GQ,
Apologies if you've already done this, but have you tried "Preferences --> Plugins --> Device Interface plugins --> Kindle 2/3 Device Interface"; then click on the "Customize plugin" near the bottom. Then tick the check-box where it says "Send page number information when sending books".

You'll probably need to re-start calibre after that.

It's been working fine for me on a K3 and a K4.

Last edited by mrsquash; 10-28-2011 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Left out a couple of steps.
mrsquash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 12:56 AM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by GQ Man View Post
I have successfully installed this plugin in calibre and added 2 columns one for Pages and another for Words now when i click on the Count Pages Tab in the toolbar and it counts the words, pages all is fine but the problem im having is when i connect my Kindle 3 and transfer the books across then open up a book i cant see any indication of page numbers anywhere on the screen, what am i missing, thx
Apples and Oranges, The Count pages plugin is only used for displaying a count in the calibre library and has nothing to do with seeing page numbers on your device. Fortunately mrsquash has given you the info you require.

Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 09:01 PM   #8
GQ Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsquash View Post
GQ,
Apologies if you've already done this, but have you tried "Preferences --> Plugins --> Device Interface plugins --> Kindle 2/3 Device Interface"; then click on the "Customize plugin" near the bottom. Then tick the check-box where it says "Send page number information when sending books".

You'll probably need to re-start calibre after that.

It's been working fine for me on a K3 and a K4.
Yes i have already done that, Unless i am mistaken a mate also has the Kindle 3 and Calibre and all of the Same plugins and his Kindle 3 Displays the page Numbers, i cant figure out why mine doesn't.
Old 10-29-2011, 10:53 PM   #9
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Silly question, but what version is your K3 running?
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote