Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 10-02-2011, 01:42 PM   #1
JFLUX13
JFLUX13 began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Opus
Blank Screen

Hello,

My Opus is less than a week old. Power level was 100%, new firmware installed.
This very morning, when I tried to switch my Opus on, I just had a blank screen. Since then the Opus refuses to switch on.

I reset the device. No go.
I connected it to my PC. The light is red, but the Opus still refuses to switch on. Needless to say, there is no way my PC can connect to it.
I even recharged the Opus through USB power charger for more than five hours. Red light. Still no go.

Ever heard of such a problem or solution?

I contacted Bookeen Support through the online form. However, as we are Sunday, I don't expect anyone to answer anytime soon.

Kind of frustrating with a brand new hardware...

Thanks for any help.
JFLUX13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 01:51 PM   #2
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Might the the battery got real low.

Have you tried a reset ? There is a combination of key. If I remember right, press menu then back hold them until the cybook restart. (Read the manual it's written in there)
There is an hardware button too for emergencies.
If the cybook wasn't off, but crashed , it's possible it's using the battery, make sure tu recharge.

Last edited by EowynCarter; 10-02-2011 at 02:05 PM.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 03:00 PM   #3
JFLUX13

Tried a soft and a hard reset.
The Opus has been on recharge for the past seven hours. Nothing works. ;-(

Thanks for the help, though.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:08 PM   #4
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Light don't goes off ?

Just in case try to unplug the battery, press the "on" button, and plug the battery back.

Screen stays blank, does the light flashes when you try to start ? Is it on ?

Last edited by EowynCarter; 10-02-2011 at 04:14 PM.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:32 PM   #5
JFLUX13

You're my savior! Unplugging the battery and putting it back just did the trick!

Thank you so very much for your help!
Old 10-02-2011, 06:22 PM   #6
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
Happy to hear of the good ending. My Opus gave me slight heart attack on the day of purchase but ever since and it has been 1 year (touch wood) it has been working very well. I'm sure you will like it.

And welcome to Mobile Read!
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:37 AM   #7
JFLUX13

Thanks for the welcome!

I bought one Opus for my son a week earlier. When I saw how enthused he was with his, and how great this ebook reader was I immediately purchased mine!
I'm glad this mishap with the battery turned out to be unimportant. My son and I absolutely love our Opus!
Old 10-03-2011, 03:12 AM   #8
EowynCarter
Wizard

Glad it's working now
Old 10-03-2011, 03:45 AM   #9
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFLUX13 View Post
Thanks for the welcome!

I bought one Opus for my son a week earlier. When I saw how enthused he was with his, and how great this ebook reader was I immediately purchased mine!
I'm glad this mishap with the battery turned out to be unimportant. My son and I absolutely love our Opus!
I absolutely LOVE my Opus too and can talk about it on ond on it's simple but great! I don't go anywhere without it.

And Eowyn, you rock!
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 04:52 AM   #10
sharedwindow
sharedwindow began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Opus, Nook, Kindle for Mac
Sorry to dig up an old thread but the exact same thing is happening with my opus!

I was just wondering how do you unplug the battery? It just looks like wires to me and I don't want to pull the wrong thing out...
sharedwindow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:19 AM   #11
EowynCarter
Wizard

Pull the connector at the end of the wires (With a minimum caution so you won't detach wires from connector)
Old 02-17-2012, 07:31 AM   #12
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
I rather daringly bought 'er indoors an Opus for Christmas, even though she had sworn she didn't want an ereader.
But then I spotted the Opus on a really cheap offer, with a cheery red cover.

Now she uses it whenever she gets a chance........

See, we do know best.....
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:59 AM   #13
OpusBlue
OpusBlue began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Opus
hi everybody, im new here but have to start this old thread again, havin my opus for roundabout 6 weeks and now exact that problem comes to me. blank screen, when connected to the pc the red light is on, tried every single way off restart. -the resetbutton, the on and page forward (and on and every single button on the reader) disconnected the battery, waiting for more then a minute connected - nothing, its still down.
so please could anybody tell what else can i do?

Last edited by OpusBlue; 07-20-2012 at 04:43 AM.
OpusBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:36 AM   #14
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Have you tried to charge your Opus thoroughly?
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:16 PM   #15
OpusBlue
OpusBlue began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Opus
more than 5 hours before he died and before that he has been by 70 %.
now i get the information from bookeen du update the firmware.
okay, i bought a card, download all, put it in reader and..... have to start it. HAHA didnt they read that i wrote, that it DID NOT START??????

dont know what to do else.

btw if i connect it with the pc it will not be found...

Last edited by OpusBlue; 07-20-2012 at 12:19 PM.
OpusBlue is offline   Reply With Quote