Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 09-24-2010, 01:49 AM   #1
mapabl
Enthusiast
mapabl understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'mapabl understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'mapabl understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'mapabl understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'mapabl understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'mapabl understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'mapabl understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'mapabl understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'mapabl understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'mapabl understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'mapabl understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: iPad Air, iPad Mini. Nook Glo, Kindle Paperwhite,
Not using Nook-what to do about battery

I've been favoring my Sony PRS-600 over my Nook right now. I'd like to put the Nook to rest for a few months. Should I keep charging it and running the battery down or should I just drain the battery completely and put it away? I've read some batteries don't like a complete drain and recharge later which may shorten the battery life.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Mary
mapabl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 09:10 AM   #2
Rayven01
Nevermore
Rayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Nook, Nook Color, Stanza(iphone)
Generally with all lithium ion batteries it is best to charge it to about half for long term storage. Bring it back up to half every few months. NEVER discharge them all the way. They have built in circuitry that will disable them if they run completely dead (not just won't-power-the-device-anymore dead, but truly completely out of power, takes awhile even at "0%" charge) due to fire hazard.
Rayven01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2010, 12:04 PM   #3
mapabl
Enthusiast
mapabl understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'mapabl understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'mapabl understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'mapabl understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'mapabl understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'mapabl understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'mapabl understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'mapabl understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'mapabl understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'mapabl understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'mapabl understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: iPad Air, iPad Mini. Nook Glo, Kindle Paperwhite,
Thank you Rayven01 - doing right now.
mapabl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 02:36 PM   #4
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Do one last full charge and then do a straight power down. You shouldn't leave it in sleep mode for that long.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote