Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 04-06-2012, 08:56 PM   #1
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Spinning (flash fiction) - Kenny A. Chaffin

I'm testing out and setting up my Amazon author site and in order to experiment with formatting and getting all the logistics set up I have published a flash fiction (500 words) story Spinning. It is available free to Amazon Prime members through the lending library. Once I work out all the kinks I plan to publish a couple of poetry books as I continue to work on other new material.

I am currently working full time on my writing career.

Spinning: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007RECRQW
Amazon Author site: http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B007S3SMY8

Enjoy!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:40 PM   #2
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Kenny - that's really exciting! I was thinking just the other day of maybe starting to work seriously on my poetry and putting out a book.

I'm not an Amazon Prime member, but I picked up Spinning to have a look.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 05:28 AM   #3
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks Caleb. I think the new publishing environment is perfect for poetry! I'll look forward to seeing your work!
Old 04-07-2012, 06:45 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Thanks Caleb. I think the new publishing environment is perfect for poetry! I'll look forward to seeing your work!
Isn't the small screen size of readers rather problematic for some metres, especially once you take indentation into account? You ideally want to have each line on its own line on the screen, rather than each line wrapping; visual appearance is very important for poetry.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 07:02 AM   #5
kennyc

Yes, potentially. The formatting can be a challenge. The Kindle previewer allows you to test your layout on different "models" of Kindle, that can help, but yeah, bottom line, is that poetry requires some extra consideration in formatting (and validating).
Old 05-03-2012, 11:04 PM   #6
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Hey Kenny. I did get around to reading this in the end.

It was an unsettling little story that was quite interesting in its own way. I was left with one of those "Oh!" feelings that was only accompanied by part of an epiphany. In other words - I was on the verge of a sudden understanding that I realised was an illusion.

Then I sat there and wondered what it all meant and got this impression that in some subconscious way I understood, but that understanding didn't quite become a conscious one.

So, either this story was supposed to have this rather unsettling non-resolution or I'm completely stupid and didn't understand it at all.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:11 PM   #7
kennyc

Thanks for your comments, glad it made you think about it.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:26 AM   #8
kennyc

Free today as part of my Solstice give away.

Enjoy! And let me know what you think!
Old 03-16-2013, 10:01 PM   #9
kennyc

Just got a nice 4* review on Spinning which is free for download this weekend.

http://www.amazon.com/Spinning-short...3485511&sr=1-3
Old 03-17-2013, 12:45 AM   #10
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I imagine flash fiction is ideally suited to the screen of an ereader like Kindle. It is an interesting little tale.
Spoiler:
Kinda reminds me of "I am the cheese" in miniature.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:17 AM   #11
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
I imagine flash fiction is ideally suited to the screen of an ereader like Kindle. It is an interesting little tale.
Spoiler:
Kinda reminds me of "I am the cheese" in miniature.
Thanks!
Old 06-19-2014, 08:49 AM   #12
kennyc

I recently posted this tiny story to my Mansions of the Mind blog:

http://mansionsofthemind.blogspot.co.../spinning.html

Enjoy!