Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-03-2012, 10:51 PM   #1
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, etc
Free (Kindle) by William Brown [Suspense/Thriller]

--http://www.amazon.com/The-Undertaker-ebook/dp/B004NIFSVG

Quote:
Description:

Pete Talbott is a California native and harried Boston computer wonk still grieving over the death of his wife Terri, when he found himself at the wrong end of Gino Parini's .45 reading his own obituary torn from that morning's newspaper. Talbott figured it was all a big mistake
until Parini showed him his wife's obituary too, and this was a mystery Talbott couldn't leave alone. From a funeral home in Indiana, to car chases on the Dan Ryan, a bloody Back Bay townhouse, snipers in New York City's Washington Square, sleazy lawyers, corrupt County sheriffs, mafia hit men, the FBI, an army of Chicago cops, and that unforgettable scene in the upper berth of an Amtrak Train, The Undertaker is a thrill ride with a touch of humor and romance. Someone with a penchant for sharp scalpels and embalming tables is planting bodies under other people's names; and if Talbott doesn't stop them, he and his quirky new
girlfriend, Sandy Kasmarek, will be next on the Undertaker's list.

If you enjoyed The Undertaker, take a look at the author's new suspense novel, Amongst My Enemies. An old German U-Boat lies rusting on the bottom of the Baltic. Inside are millions in gold, stolen art and jewels, and a secret that could tear NATO apart.

The Undertaker now has 16 Five-Star and 15 Four-Star Reviews from independent reviewers and bloggers, and only one grump who didn't like it.

What Book is That: said "This story was delicious! Snarky and wired, cynical and funny, it was everything a good mob thriller should be and more."

Passion Reads: "An awesome must read! This one had me jumping in, head-first. From the beginning to the end, I was kidnapped and taken for an exciting and thrilling ride. And to top it all off, it was hilarious."

Book Pleasures "Great fun! It is a thriller with enough action, intrigue, humor and romance to please the most jaded reader. My recommendation? Buy this book and have some quality entertainment time. You won't regret it."

Crystal Book Reviews "Be assured the nerve-wracking tension of this espionage novel is full of surprises, attacks, revelations, and a feisty, feminine gal unafraid to not only discover the truth but seek justice, no matter what the cost.

Editorial Reviews:

5-Star. The story line was the first thing to grab me... William Brown did an excellent job of pulling me in and keeping my attention... There wasn't a rest ... no down time. It was constant action and suspense --Melissa, The Sunday Book Review

5-Star. The Undertaker has it all: suspense, mystery, action, intrigue, politicians, conspiracy, thrills, and romance... Once I started, I couldn't stop...This is not a book I want to read alone late at night. --Anne Boling for Reader's Favorites

About the Author:

I'm the author of 6 mystery and suspense novels, and 4 award-winning screenplays. Amongst My Enemies is my second e-book. It is a fast-paced Cold War adventure filled with international intrigue, espionage, revenge, and an old German U-boat filled with a fortune in gold bars, treasure, and a secret that will tear NATO apart.

The Undertaker, my first e-book, is a snarky, fun, fast-paced domestic thriller with a slug of humor, romance, and stark terror! Someone with a sharp scalpel and an embalming table is planting bodies und other people's names. If Pete Talbott doesn't stop them, he'll be next on the list. Published in February 2011, it has already garnered 16 Five-Star and 13 Four-Star book reviews.

Thursday at Noon is a Joan Kahn Book published by St. Martin's Press in hardback, in paperback by Harlequin's Gold Eagle, and in various foreign editions. It is set in Egypt in 1962 and deals with murder, espionage, an Army coup, and new rockets aimed at the heart of Israel. Reviewed favorably in the "New Yorker" and other major publications, it will be released as an e-book in early 2012. Beaufort Books published my first novel, The Allah Conspiracy in hardback. It deals with international terrorism and an attempt to kill the President, and will also be released as an e-book in 201, as will Winner Lose All, a new international suspense novel set in the closing months of WWII, as one war winds down and all eyes are on the next one. As alliances begin to shift, old enemies become tomorrow's friends, and everyone wants their piece of the revolutionary new German weapons technologies.

In addition to the novels, I've written four award-winning screenplays. Preview Chapters from all six suspense novels, plus updates on my writing can be found on my web site billbrownwritesnovels.wordpress.com as well as my Face Book Author's page facebook.com/pages/William-F-Brown/154677787936071
kg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:32 AM   #2
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

--Newly FREE, by the same Author:

--Amongst My Enemies - William F. Brown

-Author has been previously published by St. Martin's Press, Harlequin's Gold Eagle, etc. & various foreign editions

Quote:
Book Description:

Inside an old German U-Boat rusting on the bottom of the Baltic are millions in gold bars, stolen art, and a secret that could tear NATO apart. The only one who knows the truth is Mike Randall, a battle-scarred American who survived four months in the frozen Hell of northern Germany at the end of the war. When he does speak up, he puts a target on his own forehead, one which the Russians, the West Germans, the U-boat's former owners, the Israeli Mossad, and even his own government quickly take aim at. Some want the gold, some want him dead, and some want proof about a high-ranking spy inside NATO itself. Randall's wants are much simpler. Caught between the Kremlin and a new, deadly, 4th Reich, he wants revenge and to satisfy some old debts with a steel-jacketed bullet.

Amongst My Enemies is an international suspense thriller from the author of The Undertaker, which now has 16 Five-Star! and 16 Four-Star! Amazon reviews out of 34. Here's a sample:

What Book is That: "This story was delicious!
Snarky and wired, cynical and funny, it was everything a good mob thriller
should be and more."

Review:

5-Stars! - World War II is the stage for this tale of one man's journey or recovery to discovery. Michael Randall has seen far more than most: nineteen missions as a gunner on a B-17 bomber with his best friend Eddie Hodges. Subjected to being a POW when he and his pal are lone survivors after their bomber plane is shot down. The things that Michael has seen, the things that he knows will follow him silently, revealing a shocking truth that will impact the entire world.

I love books that draw you into the scenes so tightly that you feel as if you are there yourself. The author has done an excellent job of researching down to the 'nth degree of detail. Readers will not feel that anything has been left out in this tale of war, greed, espionage, and real cold war concerns from the past..it is that believable!

This is an excellent read and I am honored to have been given the opportunity to review it.

Brenda Ballard for Readers Favorites, 12/31/11

From the Author:

If you liked The Undertaker, this is a different story and different style, but I think just as good -- action, ,adventure, suspense, and mystery.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:38 PM   #3
kg3
Guru

FREE at Amazon:

--Thursday at Noon - William F. Brown

--This book was originally published by St. Martin's

Quote:
Book Description:

As “The New Yorker” said, Thursday at Noon is “a thriller in the purest cliffhanger vein. The technique is flawless. It could only have been learned in a thousand Saturday afternoon movie matinees.”

Cairo, 1962. Richard Thomson was already having a very bad day when someone left a corpse lying on the rear steps of his hotel. Its head had been lopped off like a ripe melon and had been posed so it could look back down at its own body. Thomson is a burned-out CIA Agent and the body belongs to Mahmoud Yussuf, a fat, petty thief who tried to sell him photographs of a long-abandoned RAF base in the Egyptian desert. What the photos have to do with a dead Israeli Mossad agent, Nazi rocket scientists, the fanatical Moslem Brotherhood, and two missing Egyptian tank regiments could start the next Arab-Israeli War or stop it.

Alone and on the run, no one believes Thomson’s answers -- not the CIA, the US Ambassador, Colonel Ali Rashid of Egyptian State Security, and most assuredly not Captain Hassan Saleh, Chief of the Homicide Bureau of the Cairo Police, who wants to hang Thomson, preferably around the CIA’s neck . Under pressure from within and without, the slums of Cairo are a tinder box of discontent and the first faint whiffs of a military coup against the shaky, new government of Abdel Gamal Nasser are in the air. Thompson and the young daughter of one of the German rocket scientists have five action-packed days and nights to figure it out. Tick Toc, Tick Tock! Something is about to blow up in Thomson’s face at Noon on Thursday.

Like Night of the Generals, this is a murder mystery wrapped inside an international crisis. It is from the author of The Undertaker, with 21 Amazon Five Star! Reviews and Amongst My Enemies, now with 11. This is the e-book edition of his successful hardback, a Joan Kahn Book published by St. Martins and in paperback and foreign editions by Harlequin. In all, he has written 6 international thrillers and four award-winning screenplays.