Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-09-2009, 04:18 PM   #1
sskmc
sskmc began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS505, Palm Lifedrive
Is it possible to have to may books on memory stick?

Hi all, I am having trouble with freeze ups and not booting up well. Do you think to many books on a memory stick or card could cause these problems? I have 200 books pdf txt and word also some mp3 stuff. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Scott
sskmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 05:04 PM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I dunno, why not take out the stick and try it just from the machine memory, to see if it speeds up?
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2009, 06:18 PM   #3
sskmc

thanks Dixie Gal, don't know why I didn't think of that. I'll give it a try
Old 02-10-2009, 11:03 AM   #4
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskmc View Post
thanks Dixie Gal, don't know why I didn't think of that. I'll give it a try
Well? (tapping foot anxiously)
Did it work?
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:31 PM   #5
sskmc

Worked great!! no more problems, Ill just have to keep my library down a bit.
Thanks again

Scott
Advert
Old 02-12-2009, 06:05 AM   #6
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskmc View Post
Hi all, I am having trouble with freeze ups and not booting up well. Do you think to many books on a memory stick or card could cause these problems? I have 200 books pdf txt and word also some mp3 stuff. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
You shouldn't have a problem with that number of books.
The reader does become increasingly slow to boot up as the number of books goes up, but even with ~1000 books you are only looking at a couple of minutes, and I've never had a problem with it freezing, it will always start up if you wait long enough.

It is possible that you have a particular file that is causing the problems.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote