Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 10-19-2012, 01:01 PM   #166
MrDoug
Banned
MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad - Kobo Glo - Nook Glo - Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conor View Post
It's in the UK Argos Christmas catalogue too for £199.99 (the 16GB price) with the catalogue number 508/9325. Not yet on the Argus website.
I went to Staples where I purchased mine and I still have 6 days to return it, so they said bring it back on the 14th day get a refund and wait for the 32GB at same price as my 16GB.. I think Google messed this up.. poor marketing.. the 32GB should be 299 and everyone would be happy..
Doug
MrDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:30 PM   #167
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDoug View Post
I think Google messed this up.. poor marketing.. the 32GB should be 299 and everyone would be happy..
Doug
Not really. The Kindle Fire HD is priced at $199 (16GB) and $249 (32GB). I've been waiting for Google to match those prices. No way would I ever pay $299 for a 32GB tablet.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2012, 04:02 PM   #168
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Not really. The Kindle Fire HD is priced at $199 (16GB) and $249 (32GB). I've been waiting for Google to match those prices. No way would I ever pay $299 for a 32GB tablet.
Exactly. $299 would be way too high, especially when compared against the Kindle and the NookHD(+).

Those who got the 16GB model also got the $25 credit and, bottom line, technology gets obsolete very quickly, just face it.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:34 PM   #169
Martyd
Zealot
Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martyd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard,nexus 7,Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Exactly. $299 would be way too high, especially when compared against the Kindle and the NookHD(+).

Those who got the 16GB model also got the $25 credit and, bottom line, technology gets obsolete very quickly, just face it.
I understand that technology gets obsolete. My card was charged for X, and that's what I paid. No problem, I enjoy my Nexus 7. Please remember the $25 credit was at THEIR store, not one of my choice.
Martyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:52 PM   #170
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I am fully aware it is a store credit. It still worth $25, which the new models don't come with.
Advert
Old 10-20-2012, 06:31 AM   #171
BetaParker
BetaParker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetaParker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetaParker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetaParker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetaParker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetaParker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetaParker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetaParker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetaParker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetaParker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetaParker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: helpful
Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich brings an entirely new look and feel to Android. The lock screen, widgets, notifications, multi-tasking and everything in between has been rethought and refined to make Android simple, beautiful, and beyond smart.
BetaParker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:15 PM   #172
afv011
Captain Penguin

Here's a twist. An internal document at Staples would indicate the 8GB model will be discontinued. Could we then see the 16GB model sold at $199?

Quote:
"Effective 10/30 SKU 949286 (Nexus 7" 8GB) will be clearance." If you're not aware, Staples has been one of the few brick and mortar locations selling the 8GB version of Google's tablet in the US. But sold it they have, and basically since launch (along with OfficeDepot). On October 29th, Google is having an Android event in New York, and it's there that we fully expect the 32GB Nexus 7 to be announced (along with a lot of other interesting things).
Source
Old 10-21-2012, 07:17 PM   #173
afv011
Captain Penguin

Some more details, including a 3G version of the Nexus 7:

Quote:
Confirming leaks from various inventory systems and advertisements in both the US and the UK, Google will release a 32GB variant of the Nexus 7. However, our source also tells us that there will be a second 32GB variant that will offer HSPA+ (3G) support, allowing users to take the tablet on their travels.
Source
Old 10-23-2012, 08:19 AM   #174
mike_bike_kite
Digitally confused
mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, K2i, Nexus 7 32gb, Kobo Mini
My father (75) bought a 16GB Nexus just this weekend. I also became quite addicted to the thing while he was staying with us but I managed to convince myself that 16GB would probably be too small. Two days later and I hear about the 32GB model - I can't think of any reasons not to buy one now - can't wait

PS My father won't be exchanging his 16GB for the 32GB as he's very happy with what he has.
mike_bike_kite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:03 AM   #175
daveps
daveps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daveps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daveps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daveps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daveps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daveps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daveps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daveps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daveps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daveps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daveps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
OTG USB

Apologies for dredging an oldish topic up but if you want to mount a USB stick via OTG cable and do not want to root you can use an app called Nexus Media Importer. Only snag is it costs cash, there is a free app Nexus Photo Viewer which you can use to verify that your OTG cable and stick are compatible before purchasing the full blown importer.

Disclaimer : I haven't used this, I use StickMount as I am rooted.
daveps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:32 AM   #176
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveps View Post
Apologies for dredging an oldish topic up but if you want to mount a USB stick via OTG cable and do not want to root you can use an app called Nexus Media Importer. Only snag is it costs cash, there is a free app Nexus Photo Viewer which you can use to verify that your OTG cable and stick are compatible before purchasing the full blown importer.

I plan to get the 32GB version, so none of this will be necessary. This monkey refuses to dangle his dongle in public. Much too embarrassing.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:46 PM   #177
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveps View Post

I have used this method without the rooting and it works, very well!
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:42 AM   #178
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I plan to get the 32GB version, so none of this will be necessary. This monkey refuses to dangle his dongle in public. Much too embarrassing.
A mounted USB stick does look suggestively tumescent doesn't it, what with the "mounting" and all?
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:51 AM   #179
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
A mounted USB stick does look suggestively tumescent doesn't it, what with the "mounting" and all?

Old 10-29-2012, 02:37 AM   #180
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
I wrapped mine and gave it as a gift.
Fluribus is offline   Reply With Quote