Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-05-2014, 06:48 PM   #31
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
Kiwidude, thank you for all of the great plugins. The move to Calibre 2.0 has seen many of your plugins ported to QT5. Currently this great plugin is the last plugin on my list that hasn't been ported.

Hopefully you or one of the many other fine developers will find the time to port this plugin to calibre 2.0.

Thanks again.
I have Import List and User Category waiting for ports to Qt5, the first is my main concern, I probably won't upgrade to 2.0 without it.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 10:45 PM   #32
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I have Import List and User Category waiting for ports to Qt5, the first is my main concern, I probably won't upgrade to 2.0 without it.

BR
Try this one:
I can config the plugin and save the config using calibre 1.203 on my test system, using Lunix Mint 17
edit:
Have now tested using calibre 1.46 on my backup partition using Lunix Mint 17

bernie

Last edited by davidfor; 12-26-2020 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Removed beta as it has been released.
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2014, 10:34 PM   #33
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Suggestion - show current Pattern Name

Show the current pattern name under the Icon - ie instead of Quick Preferences - Quick Prefs [Journals], Quick Prefs [Papers] etc.

Maybe next time the PI is maintained and if its easy.

I just added 30 'books' and used the wrong template; because I forgot that yesterday I changed it from Papers to Journals.

I'd like the 'Quick Prefs' prefix as I don't actually display the icons.

I'd like the name be displayed as suggested, not a hover display; because I eschew using the mouse as much as I can.

BR
Old 06-20-2018, 03:00 AM   #34
yonkyunior
Cultivator
yonkyunior doesn't litteryonkyunior doesn't litteryonkyunior doesn't litter

Device: PRST2
Read Metadata in Stored GetFilename custom column

this plugin really helpful when the embedded metadata inside epub unreliable,

recently, the metadata of ebooks seems reliable.
i rarely found the metadata in wrong column, except the author and title get swapped. so, i enable "read metadata in file content".

and do fix minor metadata after that.

and i used getfilename plugin, because of habit, i keep the filename with the same pattern with quick preferences i am used. so, if this plugins can read into
custom column which getfilename plugin stored.
then i can activated read from file contents and make sure the author, title, series stay same with filename stored with quick preferences afterthat.
yonkyunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 11:29 PM   #35
Camper65
Enthusiast
Camper65 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle wifi; Dell 2in1
quick preferences plugin throws nameerror

Anyone else using the Quick Preferences plugin in the later versions of Calibre? I had to redo my notebook so installed version 5.5.0 (and 5.6.0) and both of the versions giving me the following issue when I go to customize (even when I do nothing in it) after I press Okay. Below is the text of the error message data. I can't update the regex file patterns to what I need for saving my news downloads to read on another device.

calibre, version 5.6.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>NameError</b>:name 'unicode' is not defined

calibre 5.6 [64bit] embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-10-10.0.19041 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19041')
Python 3.8.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19041', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Generate Cover (2, 0, 0) && Quick Preferences (1, 4, 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.quick_preferences.action", line 149, in show_configuration
File "calibre\customize\__init__.py", line 179, in do_user_config
File "calibre_plugins.quick_preferences.__init__", line 70, in save_settings
File "calibre_plugins.quick_preferences.config", line 353, in save_settings
File "calibre_plugins.quick_preferences.config", line 146, in get_data
File "calibre_plugins.quick_preferences.config", line 160, in convert_row_to_data
NameError: name 'unicode' is not defined
Camper65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2020, 01:05 AM   #36
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

@Camper65 - looks like this plugin hasn't been updated to python 3 and calibre 5 compatibility, see List of PIs to be ported to Python 3

This should help if you want to have a go at doing it yourself ==>> Attn plugin devs: porting to python 3

FWIW: the JobSpy plugin has configuration options that allow setting of some of the Add Books preference settings on a per library basis, which may obviate the need for Quick Preferences.

BR
Old 11-28-2020, 03:46 AM   #37
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I have just updated the plugin for calibre 5. There were very few changes needed. It should continue working with the older versions of calibre as well.

Calibre will announce the update in the next hour or so. If there are still problems, please report them here.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 12:58 PM   #38
Camper65
Enthusiast
Camper65 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle wifi; Dell 2in1
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I have just updated the plugin for calibre 5. There were very few changes needed. It should continue working with the older versions of calibre as well.

Calibre will announce the update in the next hour or so. If there are still problems, please report them here.
Thank you, that fixed the issue. I can now modify it to be used.

Camper65
Camper65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 04:43 AM   #39
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Beta: Add change metadata sources

After fixing this plugin for calibre 5, I realised it would be easy to extend it to do something I have needed to do. That is to change the currently enabled metadata source plugins. The main need I have for this is to change to a single metadata source when working on that plugin. And then being able to change back to my usual set of sources.

In the plugin configuration I have added a second list to add menu items. This is to configure the options for changing the metadata sources. When you add an entry (click the plus on the right side of the list), you can edit the title of the menu item and the list of metadata sources to enable when the menu item is selected. To change either of these, double-click the column or click in it and press the F2 key. For the metadata sources, a dialog will be displayed with the list of installed metadata sources. Select the sources you want and press the OK button. Then press the OK button on the configuration dialog to save the changes.

When the button for the plugin is pressed, the menu will be built including the new metadata source changing items. Clicking on one of these items will change the enabled metadata sources without any further prompting.

I don't know if any one else needs to use this, but, it will make my life easier

As well as this extra function, I have made the plugin translatable. The "default.po" is included plugin file for anyone who wants to do this.

If there are any problems with the new function, or the translations, please tell report them here.

Edit: Forgot to attach the plugin.

Last edited by davidfor; 12-26-2020 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Removed beta as it has been released.
Old 11-29-2020, 10:19 AM   #40
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
It'll help me a lot! I flip back and forth between metadata sources because I want different sources for metadata than I do for covers.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 12:47 PM   #41
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by compurandom View Post
It'll help me a lot! I flip back and forth between metadata sources because I want different sources for metadata than I do for covers.
You do know that Cover sources have a (numeric) Priority setting?
This may not work for you if you use Source F for Fiction, but Source T for technical.
Preferences: metadata Download: Remove tic for those you never want, set priority for preferred sources
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 02:50 PM   #42
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
You do know that Cover sources have a (numeric) Priority setting?
How does that help when there are sources whose metadata I never want to see but have good covers?
Old 11-29-2020, 03:19 PM   #43
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
How does that help when there are sources whose metadata I never want to see but have good covers?
By configuring the OTHER part of the Metadata PI
Configure Selected Source (button) :remove the ticks
I cherry pick my sites by only enabling the part I want
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 03:44 PM   #44
compurandom
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
By configuring the OTHER part of the Metadata PI
Configure Selected Source (button) :remove the ticks
I cherry pick my sites by only enabling the part I want
Ahh, I see. You want me to individually edit every single source and uncheck all the individual metadata fields in the source so that it still downloads from the source but doesn't use any of the data except the cover.

And then if I change my mind and want to try the metadata from those sources, now I have to go back and recheck all the fields again. Still not my preferred solution. What davidfor has offered sounds much more useful.
Old 11-30-2020, 02:11 AM   #45
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Ahh, I see. You want me to individually edit every single source and uncheck all the individual metadata fields in the source so that it still downloads from the source but doesn't use any of the data except the cover.

And then if I change my mind and want to try the metadata from those sources, now I have to go back and recheck all the fields again. Still not my preferred solution. What davidfor has offered sounds much more useful.
For my curiosity, which sources are you using for covers? From my experience, Kindle hi-res covers, Kobo and Smashwords give the best covers if there is any match. Google Images probably is the most likely to suggest a cover, but, it is also the most likely to return something other than a cover.

And I'm happy that it helps at least one other person.

Tags
error, nameerror, quick preferences