Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-22-2013, 09:14 AM   #35521
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post

On the bright side: I just got my tablet! After much doubt I went for the 7" Nexus 7 32GB. Mainly because I wanted something I can easily carry around with me and for what I want to use it for 7" will be big enough. It's now updating Android and I just ordered a casing for it which should arrive tomorrow.
Congrats!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:25 PM   #35522
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Being disgusted. I should not be allowed out without a keeper, today. I had two packages that really needed to get mailed out today. I hate our post office with a passion on the best of days, and this is definitely NOT the best of days, considering it's all of 10 degrees F. outside. So I bundled up, grabbed the items for the packages and got all the way across town to the post office - only to discover I'd left my debit card and checkbook at home (in my work apron pocket). Drove home and decided the packages could just darn well wait til tomorrow! (Maybe this should have gone in vent and rant?)
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:30 PM   #35523
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry to hear Shel! That sucks, I hate getting out in the cold and then to have it all for naught!

Rant, Rant on,
through the cold
and the sno
Rant on good Shel
give 'em all 'ell!
Old 01-22-2013, 04:48 PM   #35524
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Sorry to hear Shel! That sucks, I hate getting out in the cold and then to have it all for naught!

Rant, Rant on,
through the cold
and the sno
Rant on good Shel
give 'em all 'ell!
Thanks, Kenny. It's been that kind of day. I think I'm going to head for the couch with a good book, a comforter, and a cat or two.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:22 AM   #35525
Dee Q
Born Yesterday
Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dee Q ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2 & Kindle Scribe
Translating a slang dictionary, which is a real pain in the arse...
Dee Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:51 AM   #35526
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
Thanks, Kenny. It's been that kind of day. I think I'm going to head for the couch with a good book, a comforter, and a cat or two.
Don't forget cookies and hot chocolate! (With little marshmallows, of course!)

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:04 AM   #35527
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Don't forget cookies and hot chocolate! (With little marshmallows, of course!)

Stitchawl
I settled for Cuties instead (they are those little easy-to-peel clementines). Probably better for me than cookies and hot chocolate, and my hands smell great!
Old 01-23-2013, 03:18 AM   #35528
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I settled for Cuties instead (they are those little easy-to-peel clementines). Probably better for me than cookies and hot chocolate, and my hands smell great!
I've been eating 2-3 of them a day, but the season is winding down now for us. No more boxes of them for sale, only bags of about 8-10 priced by sweetnes. We aim for the mid-range. We went through two boxes of them while the price was right, and now are on our second bag. I like them better than oranges as they are easier to peel!

Stitchawl
Old 01-23-2013, 03:31 AM   #35529
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I've been eating 2-3 of them a day, but the season is winding down now for us. No more boxes of them for sale, only bags of about 8-10 priced by sweetnes. We aim for the mid-range. We went through two boxes of them while the price was right, and now are on our second bag. I like them better than oranges as they are easier to peel!

Stitchawl
Yes, I've been warned that our season for them is about over, so I've been getting my fill of them while I can! Agreed on the much easier to peel concern, as well. I usually settle for seedless grapes for snacks when Cuties aren't in season.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:29 AM   #35530
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Yes, I've been warned that our season for them is about over, so I've been getting my fill of them while I can! Agreed on the much easier to peel concern, as well. I usually settle for seedless grapes for snacks when Cuties aren't in season.
Seedless grapes are a luxury here. Usually all we can get are the big purple ones with thick skins... The sort most folks peel before eating as the skins are quite sour. "Seedless" anything isn't popular. I've NEVER seen seedless watermelon!

Stitchawl
Old 01-23-2013, 07:02 AM   #35531
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I tend to go with apples and bananas as my snacks.

And potato chips
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:25 AM   #35532
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Q View Post
Translating a slang dictionary, which is a real pain in the arse...
Just translating one phrase can be an all-day job. Hope you packed a lunch!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:28 AM   #35533
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Getting ready to sign off and install a new Windows 8 compatible sound card in my old Hewlett-Packard. If you don't hear from me again, hold a wake for my PC.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:55 AM   #35534
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Getting ready to sign off and install a new Windows 8 compatible sound card in my old Hewlett-Packard. If you don't hear from me again, hold a wake for my PC.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:30 PM   #35535
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
(lightly drumming my fingers on the table....)

Journey to Ethiopia probably won't go through; 4 people of my group cancelled. Where am I to go? China perhaps, or Myanmar?
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?