Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 09-29-2010, 06:59 AM   #16
TC Beacham
Great Beach Reads!
TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Actually, there was a series based on Hawk. It was a short lived TV series title A Man Called Hawk. It ran for just 13 episodes.
Thanks - I didn't know that!

Just read the introduction of Hawk in PROMISED LAND today - very interesting.
TC Beacham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 11:59 AM   #17
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You get used to the snow pretty quick. It's not really that much of a bother.

I fully understand why you'd want books as opposed to a TV series.

So now we have Spenser dead and his maker dead too.
I am a wimp. I like snow only in snow globes.

Sucks that Parker is gone. Wonder whether there's any chance someone will be able to pick up the Spenser series, as he did with Raymond Chandler's works. (With better results, I hope.)

I was more bummed when John D. MacDonald died, for some reason. Of course, I was a kid at the time. Anyone who could write Travis McGee seemed to merit immortality, if only for his fans' sakes.
Maggie Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert