Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-07-2010, 06:00 AM   #1
tbergman
Connoisseur
tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle
ePub slow in iBooks for iPhone

Some of my ePubs are are very slow when read using iBooks on my iPhone4. They were also slow on my earlier iPhone 3G.
These same books are fine on my iPad. The slowness manifests when opening the book, on page turns, and most obviously, when changing from portrait to landscape orientation.
Are their any specific conversion settings for an iPhone that might help? Other suggestions?

Thanks
tbergman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:14 AM   #2
Jonimeesermann
Connoisseur
Jonimeesermann began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia e71, Ipod Touch, Sony PRS 300
I had similar problem too. And then i try to unzip the epub file and take a look myself. In my experience epub book that have a big size single xhtml file in it (say 900kb) and not splitted will rendered very slowly in ibooks. Have you ever tried to split it with calibre? I try to split it to 100 kb and then it works fine in ibooks.
Jonimeesermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert