Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 04-10-2010, 03:50 PM   #1
alroy
Enthusiast
alroy began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Opus/Pocket Pro/eSlick/Libre Pro
Fonts on EZReader

I'm sure this has been asked before. Where does one get fonts to add to the EZReader. I don't like the fonts supplied. My Bookeen Opus has a better font but it does not state what type it is. I find the font on my Opus is darker and the one on my pocket pro much lighter. The font used on the Opus is not listed other than as default font.
alroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 04:35 PM   #2
rxsz
Connoisseur
rxsz began at the beginning.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro
viewing fonts

I get mine from Windows Vista. c:\windows\fonts\

and I use FontExplorer freeware to preview them. http://www.moonsoftware.com/fxplorer.asp

Then create a folder \fonts\ on the SD card and drag whatever fonts you want into that folder.

I know txt and rtf formats support changing to a user selected font via thePP. I just wish I could figure out how to change fonts in .pdf though.
rxsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2010, 04:48 PM   #3
Xochipilli2012
Zealot
Xochipilli2012 began at the beginning.

Device: Red PRS-600, Slate Blue Astak EZReader Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxsz View Post
....I know txt and rtf formats support changing to a user selected font via thePP. I just wish I could figure out how to change fonts in .pdf though.
I'm pretty sure that cannot be done. Your best option is to convert the PDF to something else that will allow you to use CSS, like HTML, EPUB, or FB2.

Good luck!
Xochipilli2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 05:30 PM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
MOBI/PRC format will allow you use your own font. This is reason I bought my Pocket Pro

They have to be named a certain way to show up though.

Example:

genbas (Regular)
genbasbd (Bold)
genbasbi (Bold Italic)
genbasi (Italic)

It seems the font must have all four parts: Regular, Bold, Bold Italic, and Italic to work. I leave mine all lower case and no spaces.
You can only have 5 custom fonts to choose from so I rotate mine often.
My favorite font is Gentium Book Basic. It's plenty dark for me but I read in Zoom 3 with my books.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 12:52 AM   #5
alroy
Enthusiast
alroy began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Opus/Pocket Pro/eSlick/Libre Pro
Is Gentium Book Basic on Windows XP files and what is it listed as? I can't seem to find it there.
alroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2010, 01:28 AM   #6
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by alroy View Post
Is Gentium Book Basic on Windows XP files and what is it listed as? I can't seem to find it there.
Gentium is a free front family. You can download it here:
http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/p...rsi&id=Gentium
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote