Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-15-2010, 11:51 AM   #91
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
They were both fired? The faker and the female reporter? He should have been reprimanded. His horseplay could have caused the person with the grinder to jump reflexively and injure himself or someone else, but I fail to see why she should have been fired. Or did you mean the grinder operator was also fired. Was this person in on the "joke"?
I do not know who was fired. I meant they as in they who were in on the joke.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 12:37 PM   #92
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_terd View Post
I do not know who was fired. I meant they as in they who were in on the joke.
Ah! I misread your first post! I thought you said, "No wonder they were fired," when you actually said, "...wonder if they got fired."

Sorry, my bad!

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 03-15-2010 at 12:39 PM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 12:53 PM   #93
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420

LOLOL

happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 02:33 PM   #94
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Anonymous trolls Oprah (over 9,000 LOL)

actually moejoe, gotta call you on that one. there is nothing amusing about pedophilia no matter what the stage is or anything else that is going on
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 04:33 PM   #95
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
actually moejoe, gotta call you on that one. there is nothing amusing about pedophilia no matter what the stage is or anything else that is going on
The "pedophilia" is an irrelevant detail of trolling/pwning. It was just a hook to catch her attention in a moment when she isn't promoting alt-med woo:

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=...bc9ba0718e9555

They probably found it too difficult to trick her into exposing her view on mudkips.
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 05:14 PM   #96
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
I believe that even lighthearted spoofing about the subject is not cool
Old 03-15-2010, 05:22 PM   #97
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'm with you on that Kindlekitten, but Ardeegee has a point about Oprah being a purveyor of alt. med. woo-woo.
Old 03-15-2010, 05:28 PM   #98
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
Everyone has an issue on which their personal sense of humor sours. Fortunately, nobody is the arbiter of which humor is "acceptable."

But on the Oprah thing, as I mentioned, the whole (silly) point was to make her say the words "over 9,000", not the pedophilia part. But it is okay-- even on the area of pedophilia, it is a good thing to show credulous, gullible, non-researching morons to be what they are. Any credible person would have done research on the claims in the e-mail before reading it on the air. But then again, "Oprah" and "credible" are not two words that belong together.

Last edited by ardeegee; 03-15-2010 at 05:33 PM.
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 08:53 PM   #99
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

all too many people take personalities such as Oprah at face value and promoting that "humour" on line doesn't help issues.

I know we can't determine what is right/wrong, fun/poor taste, etc., but some of us have hot button issues where everything else doesn't matter ie trying to make a humouress situation out of pedophilia, rape, child abuse, animal abuse and so on. I've said something, expressed an opinion just as I would if a friend just had to tell me the latest racist joke. I don't appreciate it. 'nough said
Old 03-16-2010, 05:33 AM   #100
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 02:57 PM   #101
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
I suppose frequenters of MobileRead have probably all already seen this one, but I just discovered it today, and thought it was pretty clever:

frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 03:03 PM   #102
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

brilliant!!! this is the first I've seen of it! should be sent to every publisher!
Old 03-17-2010, 04:33 PM   #103
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frabjous View Post
I suppose frequenters of MobileRead have probably all already seen this one, but I just discovered it today, and thought it was pretty clever:

No, I had not seen that. It was fantastic! I laughed out loud at the first half, and was simply amazed at the second half. Absolutely wonderful! Karma is coming your way!
Old 03-18-2010, 05:44 AM   #104
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by frabjous View Post

Holy crap, that is brilliant!
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 11:34 AM   #105
Spoon Man
Groupie
Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Spoon Man could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle 1
Some of my favorite ones:

I wonder how much prison time this guy has had, and what law firm he employs.
Spoon Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cats, kindle, tax, vincent price