Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-27-2010, 03:47 PM   #46
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_D
On Christmas eve, I mugged a jolly little elf-like man as he was walking out of my local Amazon store. He had a sack full of ebooks. Is it o.k. if I resell these ebooks without giving the money back to the authors and publishers?
Yes, ebooks stolen from imaginary (or mythical) creatures are exempt from common laws concerning copyright, royalties, etc...

Leprechauns may curse you (and otherwise make your life miserable) for stealing their pot 'o gold, but you can't be tried for "theft" in a criminal court.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 05:18 PM   #47
OtterBooks
Wizard
OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, iPad Mini/Retina
Leprechauns will sometimes try to fool you into thievery by delivering goods to your home in a package with your name printed on it. Do not answer the door, and if you do, do not touch the item. If you make such a mistake, contact the Leprechaun immediately and let him know you are on to his deception. If you must, cross your name off the package and throw it out into the street. Just get it away from you.

Better yet. Send it to someone you don't like, making them a thief.
OtterBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert