Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Non-English Discussions > Deutsches Forum > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: What size is your memory card?
None 10 17.24%
4 MB or less (?) 2 3.45%
8 MB 0 0%
16 MB 0 0%
32 MB 1 1.72%
64 MB 1 1.72%
128 MB 1 1.72%
256 MB 2 3.45%
512 MB 2 3.45%
1 GB 5 8.62%
2 GB 17 29.31%
4 GB 14 24.14%
8 GB 6 10.34%
16 GB 6 10.34%
Larger than 16 GB (please specify) 1 1.72%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-09-2009, 06:15 AM   #1
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
What size is your memory card?

Welche Größe ist Ihre codierte Karte?
What size memory card do you use in your liseuse?

Last edited by AprilHare; 11-09-2009 at 06:29 AM. Reason: Fragen Sie mich, warum nicht dieses zum deutschen Aufenthaltsraum bekannt gegeben erhielt.,
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:52 AM   #2
Jack Tingle
Punctuation Fetishist
Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Nexus 7 (2013), Galaxy S5 phone, Galaxy Tab 4 8.0
2 GB is probably winning because that's the largest non-HC SD card size. I actually checked 2 GB and 256 MB, since I have an ancient card for my jetBook, but I use a 2 GB card in my smartphone and my PDA.

Regards,
Jack Tingle
Jack Tingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 01:38 PM   #3
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Tingle View Post
2 GB is probably winning because that's the largest non-HC SD card size. I actually checked 2 GB and 256 MB, since I have an ancient card for my jetBook, but I use a 2 GB card in my smartphone and my PDA.
You can get non-SDHC SD cards up to 4GB. Anything beyond that will be SDHC.

I have two 2GB SD cards in my Tapwave Zodiac 2, but could go to 4GB if needed. I also have an assortment of 256MB and 512MB SD cards, plus a pair of 4GB SDHC cards used as thumb drives for laptop and notebook.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:47 PM   #4
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
I feel so inadaquate! I have a 4 GB.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 11:12 PM   #5
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
I have 8GB SDHC card and 2GB SD cards
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 04:09 AM   #6
gromit62
Addict
gromit62 has learned how to read e-booksgromit62 has learned how to read e-booksgromit62 has learned how to read e-booksgromit62 has learned how to read e-booksgromit62 has learned how to read e-booksgromit62 has learned how to read e-booksgromit62 has learned how to read e-books

Device: iLiad V2 / Sony PRS-505, -T2, EBG DD-1Ex / Notion Ink A.
My biggest SD-Card ist 16 GB, but I have also 3 Cards with 8Gb, 4 Cards with 4Gb, one Card with 2GB and a lot of 1GB-Cards. I use them in my iLiad, my Sony PRS-505 and also for my Video-Cam and MP3 Player.
I am confused, that SD-cards are so expensive in US. In Germany I get them much cheaper. The price is about 2 EUR ( 3 USD) for 1GB.
gromit62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 08:44 AM   #7
Jack Tingle
Punctuation Fetishist
Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Nexus 7 (2013), Galaxy S5 phone, Galaxy Tab 4 8.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
You can get non-SDHC SD cards up to 4GB. Anything beyond that will be SDHC.
Not exactly. The 4 GB SD (not HC) are non-spec designs with non-standard block sizes. Some equipment will accept them, some won't. In truth, any plain SD card over 1 GB may not work in any given older piece of equipment. The 2 GB size is in-spec, but not all vendors implemented the full spec. The 4 GB size is a non-spec hack that sometimes works.

Regards,
Jack Tingle
Jack Tingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 08:49 AM   #8
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
My only SD-Card for reader: 256MB
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 10:21 AM   #9
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Tingle View Post
Not exactly. The 4 GB SD (not HC) are non-spec designs with non-standard block sizes. Some equipment will accept them, some won't. In truth, any plain SD card over 1 GB may not work in any given older piece of equipment. The 2 GB size is in-spec, but not all vendors implemented the full spec. The 4 GB size is a non-spec hack that sometimes works.
The point is that you can get them. Working is another matter.

For instance, they will work in my device, but I have to install a patched FAT32 driver ripped from a Palm Lifedrive to handle the FAT32 formatting sizes greater than 2GB require. SDHC cards aren't supported at all: they would require a replacement slot driver, which does not exist for my device.

Earlier Palm OS devices like the Tungsten E and T3 won't handle SD cards over 1GB. They were developed to conform to an earlier version of the SD card spec which topped out at 1GB, even though the FAT file system goes up to 2GB. (A third party driver exists that can address this in some devices.)

As usual, you have to be aware of what your particular device can handle.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 12:17 PM   #10
Victoria
Wizard
Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Kindle PW, Kobo Clara; iphone 7
I bought a 4 GB, but have not used it. I read several posts that the battery on the Sony Readers run down more quickly when you use a card. So I just load things on and off the internal memory. I'm curious - has anyone found that not to be the case?
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 06:31 PM   #11
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Isn't that a rather personal question?

(32GB.)
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 10:51 AM   #12
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
Isn't that a rather personal question?

(32GB.)
Yes, that's why Aprile Hare decided to post it in ther German lounge. We are extremely discreet over here
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 02:10 PM   #13
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Weiß jemand, wo ich eine preiswerte 4 GB SD (nicht SDHC)-Karte herkrieg?
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 02:26 PM   #14
T_Frain_K
Booyah!
T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Cybook Gen3 // Samsung Galaxy S
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Weiß jemand, wo ich eine preiswerte 4 GB SD (nicht SDHC)-Karte herkrieg?
Vergiss es. Ich hab das gleiche probiert, für mein Telefon (1,5 von 2GB voll wegen MobiPocket-Wiki . Naja, das Problem zumindest erübrigt sich im Januar )
Fakt ist, wie Jack Tingle richtig erwähnt hat, die "normale" SD-Spezifikation hört bei 2GB auf. Die "non-HC SDcards" sind demnach durch die Bank Nichtstandardprodukte, und folglich nur von zweifelhaften Anbietern zu haben.

So ganz nebenbei sind die (zu Recht, wenn du mich fragst) ziemlich selten. Um deine Frage zu beantworten, am ehesten noch bei eBay, aber vorsicht: Genau lesen, und Produktbilder anschauen, viele schreiben einfach nicht dazu dass es sich dabei um eine HC-Karte handelt.
T_Frain_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 02:29 AM   #15
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenne View Post
Yes, that's why Aprile Hare decided to post it in ther German lounge. We are extremely discreet over here
Traurig; mein Fehler. Ich wünschte jeder über es abstimmen!
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote