Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-14-2009, 05:55 PM   #91
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
alecE & jenieliser: the problem with all addictions is you keep wanting more and more. Lucky for both of you that the number of posts in the forums grows each day. Me? I've learned to control my addiction so I only visit MobileRead on days that end in a "Y".
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 06:26 PM   #92
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
alecE & jenieliser: the problem with all addictions is you keep wanting more and more. Lucky for both of you that the number of posts in the forums grows each day. Me? I've learned to control my addiction so I only visit MobileRead on days that end in a "Y".
Good news then, "tomorrow" ends with a w, so you'll have a break!
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2009, 06:45 PM   #93
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verencat View Post
Good news then, "tomorrow" ends with a w, so you'll have a break!
But by the day after tomorrow that day will be "yesterday" and that means I will need to return here. (This is why we need Marc's temporal shifter. )
Old 09-14-2009, 06:48 PM   #94
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
You don't even need to wait until yesterday, today will suffice...
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:02 PM   #95
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
And when tomorrow comes, it will then be today, which ends in a y, so there's no escape
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2009, 10:24 PM   #96
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
But by the day after tomorrow that day will be "yesterday" and that means I will need to return here. (This is why we need Marc's temporal shifter. )
Random Data: You use a temporal-shifting-wrench to tighten "after-the-horses-bolt"s

This random data point is brought to you by the number eleventy, and the colour zorange.

Cheers,
Racso, the Ungrouch
Montsnmags Enterprises
sqrt -1 Says Who? Street
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 01:05 PM   #97
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Random Data: You use a temporal-shifting-wench to tighten "after-the-horses-bolt"s

This random data point is brought to you by the number eleventy, and the colour zorange.

Cheers,
Racso, the Ungrouch
Montsnmags Enterprises
sqrt -1 Says Who? Street

that's better ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 04:47 PM   #98
RWood
Technogeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Random Data: You use a temporal-shifting-wrench to tighten "after-the-horses-bolt"s

Cheers,
Racso, the Ungrouch
Montsnmags Enterprises
sqrt -1 Says Who? Street
Zorange, I love that color! Reminds me so much of my childhood.

(But the street was always there.)
Old 09-26-2009, 12:01 PM   #99
Juliette
I eat books
Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Gen3 PRS-505 PRS-600 PB360 PB302 K2 Opus BebookMini OnyxBoox K3 KDXG
MR... eh, when gathering information about the Cybook. Which lead to addiction *nodds*. Cybook was found through Pixmania, but I already had some ideas about buying a reader/liseuse before
Juliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 03:34 PM   #100
JeremyZ
Addict
JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Kindle 2, Samsung Galaxy Stellar phone
I was aware of Kindle and readers when I first saw a Sony at Borders a year or two ago.

Then, Kindle was just starting to ramp up on amazon. (where I've always shopped) It was on their home page for eons, so I just had it in the back of my mind.

What really got me interested was seeing one in person. A lady on the train was reading it. I couldn't believe how good the screen looked. I had no interested until I saw that it looked a LOT like printed paper. OK, to be fair, it looks like printing on junky recycled paper, but it is close enough.

After that, I bought one right away. Then, I found the kindle forum at Amazon. The forum software there is lame, so I googled and found this place. A member here mentioned kindleboards, but as with other things, I prefer a less model-specific, more international forum.

This may sound dumb, but I really like this place because the writing is at a much higher level than other fora. (spelling, grammar, sentence construction, etc.) I feel like I'm talking to intellectual equals, rather than knuckle-draggers who happen to share some other interest.
JeremyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 01:55 PM   #101
devilsadvocate
Complicated Warlock
devilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role model

Device: HP Mini 1101, Droid X rooted, GTab rooted/VEGAnTAB Ginger Edition/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyZ View Post
This may sound dumb, but I really like this place because the writing is at a much higher level than other fora. (spelling, grammar, sentence construction, etc.) I feel like I'm talking to intellectual equals, rather than knuckle-draggers who happen to share some other interest.
Dumb? Not even close.

I just got here a few days ago, I check in a few times a day, and I don't even have an ebook reader (unless you count my Blackberry Curve). I just like the conversation.
devilsadvocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 04:05 PM   #102
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyZ View Post
It's not dumb at all. While the focus of the site might be on ebooks and associated technology, that's just the delivery medium. Ultimately, we are all here because we read. A lot.

People who do so tend to have better vocabularies and are better able to express themselves in writing. They also end to have broader interests and more things to talk about.

Speaking personally, while I'm a tech, interested in the technology, and a fan and promoter of ebooks and ereaders, I'm here mainly for literate conversation.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 02:17 AM   #103
devilsadvocate
Complicated Warlock
devilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role model

Device: HP Mini 1101, Droid X rooted, GTab rooted/VEGAnTAB Ginger Edition/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
It's not dumb at all. While the focus of the site might be on ebooks and associated technology, that's just the delivery medium. Ultimately, we are all here because we read. A lot.

People who do so tend to have better vocabularies and are better able to express themselves in writing. They also end to have broader interests and more things to talk about.

Speaking personally, while I'm a tech, interested in the technology, and a fan and promoter of ebooks and ereaders, I'm here mainly for literate conversation.
______
Dennis
Yeah, what he said.
devilsadvocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 04:26 AM   #104
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
ooooh i'm all for literate conversation....

eh.

what

wait ?

huh ....

GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 06:47 PM   #105
Not_A_Crook
Which way is up?
Not_A_Crook has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Nook, Alphasmart Neo (word processor, Viable document reader.)
Engadget is an amazing site, it's one of the things that keep me from being under a rock for each hour I'm on the computer.

I learned about e-readers back in 2007 when I was still in junior high, E-readers did not generally catch my interest until mid 2008 when the kindle 2 was announced. When I started posting journals about the kindle 2, I took a step back and did not go back to it.

Thank god I did go back to it, it was like a whole new experience of devices when I learned of this wiki and many of the super-neato looking screen devices out there.

Barnes & Noble really gave me something to talk about in extreme hype- even bigger than the Halo 3 anticipation.

nook had added different plots to the months, excitement, paranoia, worry, and skepticism.

When my nook arrived a couple of days ago I finally felt myself sink into the trend- Bit since I mainly collect consoles, it'd be hard to collect multiple readers! Agh!

Anyway, I'm also a digital typewriting expert with my alphasmart, I first discovered it by someone I used to have a feud with but now are good friends. I hated the fact my handwriting was always in the way- But now the alphasmart has acompanied my needs for about three years now!
Not_A_Crook is offline   Reply With Quote