Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-25-2011, 06:05 PM   #1
01_Boxer
01_Boxer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Searching for [PDOC] tag in library

I converted a bunch of books to .mobi using calibre and then side-loaded to my Kindle Fire. I have since found out the the default tag [PDOC] was added to these conversions. They now appear in Documents on my Fire instead of Books. I would like to reconvert these .mobi w/o that tag but the tag is not searchable. Any suggestions?
01_Boxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 06:19 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01_Boxer View Post
I converted a bunch of books to .mobi using calibre and then side-loaded to my Kindle Fire. I have since found out the the default tag [PDOC] was added to these conversions. They now appear in Documents on my Fire instead of Books. I would like to reconvert these .mobi w/o that tag but the tag is not searchable. Any suggestions?
I believe you'll find this feature in Preferences - Output options - mobi output.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2011, 06:47 PM   #3
01_Boxer

thanks dwanthny for your reply
I know how to make all my future conversions to .mobi not have the [PDOC] tag. I already removed it from the output settings. I now need to be able to search the books that currently have that tag, and reconvert them. Not all my .mobi files have this problem, just a sub-group. I need to be able to search that tag so I can fix that sub-group.
Old 11-26-2011, 02:34 AM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
As far as I know there is no way to do that from within Calibre. That is not a TAG in the Calibre sense, but something stored internally in a particular field inside a .mobi file.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:33 AM   #5
01_Boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
As far as I know there is no way to do that from within Calibre. That is not a TAG in the Calibre sense, but something stored internally in a particular field inside a .mobi file.
itimpi thanks......that is pretty much what i resigned myself to. Thanks for the reply. I will just gut it out and trudge away at comparing my Fire to the library and retagging those out of place books and then reconverting them. I have about 500 so if no one hears from me for a while that is why. LOL
Advert
Old 11-27-2011, 04:58 AM   #6
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Any chance you could look at time / date stamps on the books to find a time range when the conversions were done?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:13 PM   #7
01_Boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Any chance you could look at time / date stamps on the books to find a time range when the conversions were done?

PeterT that is basically what I had to do in conjunction with comparing those books on my Fire that were in documents and then re-tagging them in Calibre. Thankfully this problem is solved. Thank you for taking the time to give a suggestion. Not sure how to kill this thread...but this problem has been solved. Thanks to all who helped