Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-01-2011, 08:23 PM   #1
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
CALIBRE 0.8.8 VS COVERS ON KOBO TOUCH

so long and thanks for all the fish.

Last edited by jackastor; 07-01-2011 at 09:59 PM. Reason: wasted time posting
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 08:36 PM   #2
CazMar
Book Geek
CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Asus MemPad 7" tablet, Nexus 5, Asus 10" tablet
Calibre 8.8 hasn't come up on my system yet - I can see this was released yesterday. Has anyone else had the release and tried it out?
CazMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 09:12 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by CazMar View Post
Calibre 8.8 hasn't come up on my system yet - I can see this was released yesterday. Has anyone else had the release and tried it out?
Quit Calibre and restart. It appeared Friday about 10:00 PDT
You can always click on the (2nd) word: Calibre is an open source...
In the description header of this forum
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 09:32 PM   #4
CazMar
Book Geek
CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Quit Calibre and restart. It appeared Friday about 10:00 PDT
You can always click on the (2nd) word: Calibre is an open source...
In the description header of this forum
Well - I'm not sure I want to go ahead until there is some clarification of the problem.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:49 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Well - I'm not sure I want to go ahead until there is some clarification of the problem.
What problem?
The update notice happens on Startup or after a elapsed time-out.
you cat update at any time.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:29 PM   #6
CazMar
Book Geek

The problem with the covers not showing up - I really don't want to have to reload all the books if this happens!
Old 07-02-2011, 02:26 AM   #7
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
You can always look at the release notes to see what changed. That is what many people do before updating to see if they want to bother with a particular update. That way you can only do updates if there is a change that is of interest to you.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 01:45 PM   #8
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
You can always look at the release notes to see what changed. That is what many people do before updating to see if they want to bother with a particular update. That way you can only do updates if there is a change that is of interest to you.
that is not what this thread was about.
This thread was and only was about covers not showing up on ereaders when pushed from calibre

regards

jack
Old 07-02-2011, 07:06 PM   #9
vaughnmr
Ebook Reader
vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, HTC Evo, HTC View
hmmmmm....
vaughnmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 10:11 AM   #10
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
that is not what this thread was about.
This thread was and only was about covers not showing up on ereaders when pushed from calibre
I don't think those words mean what you think those words mean.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 08:57 PM   #11
CazMar
Book Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
I don't think those words mean what you think those words mean.
and other who decided to post non-answers.

I don't want to get into a slanging match - but I can see Jack has deleted his original thread in disgust. Perhaps some people should READ the threads before replying. The original question was a problem connected with the covers after loading the new version of Calibre - I asked if any other MR readers had experienced this problem so we could post a message to the long-suffering Kovid (who writes the program).
Yes - I do know how to load a program update - my 40 years as an IT person probably allows me to do this extremely "complex" task.
If you can't reply politely, don't bother. I normally would not respond but this is about the 3rd time I have had rude and dismissive replies to a fairly neutral statement or question, something I would never do to even the most "newby" member of this group.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:55 PM   #12
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
and other who decided to post non-answers.
What you call my "non answer" was an attempt to politely point out that after reading each and every post in this thread twice, all I could find was a "so long and thanks for all the fish" post and a statement that the thread wasn't about the content of updates when several posts were clearly about updates. If there was anything else in this thread, it had been deleted, leading to a "hmmmmm.... " and a lot of confusion for anyone trying to help.

Quote:
so we could post a message to the long-suffering Kovid (who writes the program).
More than one person who posted in this thread also contributes to writing Calibre, and AFAICT, everyone was trying to figure out what the problem was and provide helpful advice.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 11:35 PM   #13
jackastor
Wizard

hmmmm. preety much all i can say while biting my tounge.

Last edited by jackastor; 07-03-2011 at 11:38 PM.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:42 PM   #14
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
if you had at all read the thread title then you would have realized its only about covers not about other issues that have no relevence to the covers not showing up
Titles are usually wrong (or poorly worded). This one has all the earmarks of being one (ALL CAPS) of those.
What does the Kobo forum have to say about issues (not just Calibre) that prevent covers from showing on the touch?
Old 07-04-2011, 12:10 AM   #15
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Nada... no one has mentioned a similar problem there.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote