Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 05:55 PM   #46
varlog
actually it is /var/log
varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs t1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Do you mean that you've set your install prefix to the same directory as the build directory (where you first issue the cmake command)?
Yes, of course I did. I do all my compiling things locally. I don't issue cmake command, I let Qt Creator make it:
Code:
cmake -G "Unix Makefiles" -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/varlog/gits/Sigil-build -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug /home/varlog/gits/Sigil -DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=/opt/Qt5.3.1/5.3/gcc_64/lib/cmake
it works as promised! only /share doesn't.
Old 09-25-2014, 06:07 PM   #47
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Hi,
The relevant CMake file shows the following for Linux:

install( FILES ${PLUGIN_FILES_PYTHON} DESTINATION ${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/share/sigil/plugin_launchers/python/ )

So as long as Linux install defaults to create any missing directories in the path, this should work.
To test, simply create the required directories manually first and then see if it is properly populated. If so, then "install" might need to have -d added to it. But then the other directories used should have the same problems so I am guessing here.

KevinH
Advert
Old 09-25-2014, 06:18 PM   #48
varlog
actually it is /var/log
varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Hi,
The relevant CMake file shows the following for Linux:

install( FILES ${PLUGIN_FILES_PYTHON} DESTINATION ${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/share/sigil/plugin_launchers/python/ )

So as long as Linux install defaults to create any missing directories in the path, this should work.
To test, simply create the required directories manually first and then see if it is properly populated. If so, then "install" might need to have -d added to it. But then the other directories used should have the same problems so I am guessing here.

KevinH
yes, I've seen "install( FILES ${PLUGIN_FILES_PYTHON} DESTINATION ${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/share/sigil/plugin_launchers/python/ )" in CMakeList.txt... I'm trying with folders created... nope .
Old 09-25-2014, 06:33 PM   #49
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
After Qt Creator builds the project, how does it get installed? Those files in the install prefix won't get created unless something actually issues the "make install" command. That folder structure doesn't get created in the normal build phase.

Just pulled a fresh copy from github, and all I can say is ... everything works as expected using the cmake, make, make install process. All files are copied to my install prefix--whether using the default /usr/local or specifying a custom one with -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 09-25-2014 at 06:36 PM.
Old 09-25-2014, 06:46 PM   #50
varlog
actually it is /var/log

Quote:
After Qt Creator builds the project, how does it get installed? Those files in the install prefix won't get created unless something actually issues the "make install" command. That folder structure doesn't get created in the normal build phase.

Just pulled a fresh copy from github, and all I can say is ... everything works as expected using the cmake, make, make install process. All files are copied to my install prefix--whether using the default /usr/local or specifying a custom one with -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX.
hmm, interesting... there is this:
Code:
if( UNIX AND NOT APPLE )
    install( TARGETS ${PROJECT_NAME} RUNTIME DESTINATION ${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/bin/ )
    install( FILES ${LINUX_DESKTOP_FILE} DESTINATION ${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/share/applications/ )
    install( FILES ${LINUX_DESKTOP_ICON_FILE} DESTINATION ${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/share/pixmaps RENAME sigil.png )
    install( FILES ${QM_FILES} DESTINATION ${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/share/sigil/translations/ )
    install( FILES ${DIC_FILES} DESTINATION ${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/share/sigil/hunspell_dictionaries/ )
    install( FILES ${EXAMPLE_FILES} DESTINATION ${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/share/sigil/examples/ )
endif()
in CMakeList.txt.
bin/ is created, lib/ is there...(?!) share/ is not. Qt Creator bug?

will try it manually - but not today...

Last edited by varlog; 09-25-2014 at 06:49 PM.
Advert
Old 09-25-2014, 06:50 PM   #51
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by varlog View Post
in CMakeList.txt.
Did you manually run "make install" ?

QtCreator will not run that for you by default when you build. You must run "make install" for that section to apply. The lib and build directories are created by the build process for the build.

Install is a different target. The bin and lib dirs in the install target are completely different. You should not install into your build dir root either. You'll run into all kinds of problems because you're going to have files in bin trying to be installed into bin. Use a dir under build like "inst" as your install target.
Old 09-25-2014, 07:00 PM   #52
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Yes. That's the entirety of what creates the "install" make target.

Quote:
Not sure. Never really been tempted to use it, to tell the truth. By the time I figure out how to create a new project and get all the options set correctly, I could already be done with manual compile process and be playing with the program.

EDIT: I see user_none has already determined that Qt Creator does not issue the make install command.
Old 09-25-2014, 07:02 PM   #53
varlog
actually it is /var/log

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
Did you manually run "make install" ?

QtCreator will not run that for you by default when you build. You must run "make install" for that section to apply. The lib and build directories are created by the build process for the build.

Install is a different target. The bin and lib dirs in the install target are completely different. You should not install into your build dir root either. You'll run into all kinds of problems because you're going to have files in bin trying to be installed into bin. Use a dir under build like "inst" as your install target.
must have been obvious, humm? thanks.
Old 09-25-2014, 07:12 PM   #54
varlog
actually it is /var/log

Quote:
Not sure. Never really been tempted to use it, to tell the truth. By the time I figure out how to create a new project and get all the options set correctly, I could already be done with manual compile process and be playing with the program.
I can only say that without Qt Creator I won't be doing it at all. Very nice development environment for Qt.
Old 09-25-2014, 09:34 PM   #55
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
I can only say that without Qt Creator I won't be doing it at all. Very nice development environment for Qt.
Vim is all you need ;-).
Closed Thread