Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 04-19-2008, 10:13 PM   #1
kandit
kandit began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Greetings from Mississippi

Glad to be a part of such a great community, I ordered a Kindle on 4/1 and it is due for delivery 4/22. I can't hardly wait, very excited. Looking forward to reading and posting some good things.
kandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 10:30 PM   #2
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Welcome to MobileRead kandit

I hope you enjoy your Kindle as much as I have enjoyed my Sony Reader. The screens are great and easy on the eyes.

There is a great collection of free ebooks here at MobileRead in Mobipocket format that can be viewed directly on the Kindle without any conversion.

Have fun and be sure to let us know how you are doing.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2008, 10:35 PM   #3
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hello kandit, happy reading
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 11:07 PM   #4
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Hello there. I was reared in Alabama -- now living in Texas. I ordered my Kindle in mid-January and it was waiting for me when I returned home from Europe on 21 February. There are some things that I don't like about it (ugly appearance & lack of folders), but it still seems to be the best one for my patterns of use. I'm enjoying reading on it. Since I received it, I've read about 50% on the Kindle. I have a huge stack of unread paper books, and I'm accumulating a decently large "stack" of eBooks as well. I read an average of 12 books a month and the Kindle is going to make my luggage much lighter as I travel for my job.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 11:58 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi kandit and welcome to the Forum.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2008, 02:15 PM   #6
kandit
kandit began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Free E-Books - Where might I find those

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Welcome to MobileRead kandit

I hope you enjoy your Kindle as much as I have enjoyed my Sony Reader. The screens are great and easy on the eyes.

There is a great collection of free ebooks here at MobileRead in Mobipocket format that can be viewed directly on the Kindle without any conversion.

Have fun and be sure to let us know how you are doing.
R - thanks for the kind words and the information about the free ebooks.
kandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 05:41 PM   #7
Lobolover
Gorosei
Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Microsoft Word
hi.greetings from broken record land!
Lobolover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 11:06 AM   #8
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Hi Kandit:

You've had your Reader for two days, now? (Delivery on the 22nd.)

Tell us your thoughts on your great new Kindle.

Also, welcome to MobileRead!

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote