Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-10-2011, 08:22 PM   #16
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
i just made some changes (search for something, replace with nothing) in code view on all html files. then when i clicked on the windows red x in the upper right corner sigil closed without its usual question as to whether it should save my changes. had to do it all over again and choose 'save' in the 'file' drop-down.
I thought (could not be positive that I had not saved) I had done something like that on a earlier 4 beta release. Like many things that happen in Sigil, they don't repeat on demand
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:13 PM   #17
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
i just made some changes (search for something, replace with nothing) in code view on all html files. then when i clicked on the windows red x in the upper right corner sigil closed without its usual question as to whether it should save my changes. had to do it all over again and choose 'save' in the 'file' drop-down.
I would suggest that RC-1 is over. RC-2 has been released and should be the one used to test with.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2011, 01:57 AM   #18
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool repeatable

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I thought (could not be positive that I had not saved) I had done something like that on a earlier 4 beta release. Like many things that happen in Sigil, they don't repeat on demand
this is repeatable.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:25 AM   #19
charleski
Wizard
charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
this is repeatable.
Yeah, it's not signalling the modification. I'll fix this.
I also found a more serious error with replacing in Book View that I'll fix as well.
charleski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:34 AM   #20
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
this is repeatable.
The problem maybe that I am not repeatable in my work flow
(sometimes I work at a book level (all HTML), and other times I beat a single segment into submission)

But in this case, it works for many changes, then it simply starts failing (reverting) and a Full exit of Sigil seems to be the only cure.
Advert
Old 08-11-2011, 12:49 PM   #21
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool great

Quote:
Originally Posted by charleski View Post
Yeah, it's not signalling the modification. I'll fix this.
I also found a more serious error with replacing in Book View that I'll fix as well.
great,

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
The problem maybe that I am not repeatable in my work flow
(sometimes I work at a book level (all HTML), and other times I beat a single segment into submission)

But in this case, it works for many changes, then it simply starts failing (reverting) and a Full exit of Sigil seems to be the only cure.
be careful you don't bruise it while beating it.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:03 PM   #22
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
great,

be careful you don't bruise it while beating it.
I am trying for a 'dog eared EPUB'