Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-07-2011, 02:11 AM   #1
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool 4.0 rc1 behavior

with some files where i need to add a <h#> tag to and then insert a chapter break (i use ctl <enter>) the new html split created by the break goes above the cover. and this the screws up the order of the toc. to fix things i've been starting over with 3.6 and 3.6 works like it usually does.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 09:31 AM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
What?

You're talking about adding an h tag then splitting. Then you talk about the cover (where does this come in at all). Finally, you reference a version that doesn't exist (I can understand getting the numbers mixed up or being off a little bit but there 0.3.4 is a long way from 3.6).

Can you rewrite the issue you're having and provide more detail of exactly what you're doing and what's happening?
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2011, 10:24 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
What?

You're talking about adding an h tag then splitting. Then you talk about the cover (where does this come in at all). Finally, you reference a version that doesn't exist (I can understand getting the numbers mixed up or being off a little bit but there 0.3.4 is a long way from 3.6).

Can you rewrite the issue you're having and provide more detail of exactly what you're doing and what's happening?
Split on Sigil Markers has always had split-off files placement issues (reported: not found) for me (any Sigil version on XP).

I had finally managed to screen captured the events and put together a bug report package, but never filed it.
Normal Sigil Splits always worked as expected.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:52 AM   #4
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Split on Sigil Markers has always had split-off files placement issues (reported: not found) for me (any Sigil version on XP).

I had finally managed to screen captured the events and put together a bug report package, but never filed it.
Normal Sigil Splits always worked as expected.
Not in my case! I always use "Split on Sigil Chapter Markers", and never had placement issues until 0.4, in fact, that's the reason why I went back to 0.3.4.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:52 AM   #5
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
What?

sorry it was past my bedtime when i hurried that together. yes, 3.4. ok....

in the left panel, normally when doing a split the new split appears right below the original one. but in this instance it appears at the very top of the list (above the cover split).

hope that makes more sense.

Last edited by alansplace; 08-07-2011 at 10:54 AM.
Advert
Old 08-07-2011, 11:07 AM   #6
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
Not in my case! I always use "Split on Sigil Chapter Markers", and never had placement issues until 0.4, in fact, that's the reason why I went back to 0.3.4.
Same here. We are using 0.3.4 in production (on Debian). The inability to perform "split on Sigil chapter markers" was a big-time dealbreaker for us. Ver 0.3.4 works flawlessly.
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 11:14 AM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
It consistently places split-off files at the END of the book if I use Split on Markers.
I used S&R to place markers before chapter headings (confirmed) them I pressed F6. (NB the long name is the parent. I expected/need the splits to immediately follow the parent)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bookbrsrBefore.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	75247   Click image for larger version

Name:	bkbrwserAfter.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	75248   Click image for larger version

Name:	expected.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	75249  
Old 08-07-2011, 11:23 AM   #8
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
It consistently places split-off files at the END of the book if I use Split on Markers.
I used S&R to place markers before chapter headings (confirmed) them I pressed F6. (NB the long name is the parent. I expected/need the splits to immediately follow the parent)
OK, that's why I never have problems. I always start with a single file containing all the split markers, then split-on-markers all at once. So if it starts at the beginning, there's no place for the split off part to go BUT the end.

If I need to split something else out after that, I place the cursor at the split point, and use the "split chapter" button. That works for me.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:36 AM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by st_albert View Post
OK, that's why I never have problems. I always start with a single file containing all the split markers, then split-on-markers all at once. So if it starts at the beginning, there's no place for the split off part to go BUT the end.

If I need to split something else out after that, I place the cursor at the split point, and use the "split chapter" button. That works for me.
My work around has to only mark(up) 1 segment at a time and split, then drag the next unmarked to the end and repeat the mark-split sequence.
Until I worked this out, I had a total mess
Old 08-07-2011, 12:50 PM   #10
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
Quote:

That's exactly my case, maybe that's why I haven't noticed the problem...
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 05:07 AM   #11
charleski
Wizard
charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
I've fixed several distinct issues with chapter splitting. There was one final problem with element ids and ToC generation that I only discovered and fixed yesterday, but that will go into the next release, which will be soon. Right now you have to make sure that all heading tags that aren't at the start of a flow have an id for the ToC to work properly, but that requirement will soon go away and Sigil will generate them automatically.

Split on SGF Chapter Markers should work exactly as expected in 0.4.0RC2, with no need to resort to workarounds or shuffle the files. The new chapters will now be placed in order immediately after the original chapter from which they were split and will be named [original file name]-0002, -0003, etc. This will work no matter where the original chapter is in the reading order.

Please test out 0.4.0RC2 and check that chapter splitting works properly in all cases. It was the main blocking issue that I wanted to resolve for the final release.
charleski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:03 PM   #12
st_albert
Guru

For what it's worth, I gave the Apple version of 0.4.0-RC2 a quick run-through and all the chapter splitting things seemed to be resolved, including IIRC the split button to divide one chapter into two. I have not tried the Win version.

Also FWIW, yesterday morning I cloned the sigil repository and built Sigil on Ubuntu and on Debian. On both, most everything seemed to work except that the program hangs when the "generate toc" button is pressed. I realize that the cloned repository probably contained several commits beyond RC2, so I don't know how meaningful my results are. To say nothing of the issue of whether I built it correctly or not (though a build of 0.3.4 worked fine).

I only mention it since you said you've been messing with the TOC-building code, so possibly something got broken.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:25 PM   #13
charleski
Wizard
charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
most everything seemed to work except that the program hangs when the "generate toc" button is pressed
Yeah, oops, the fix for that will go through soon.
charleski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:03 PM   #14
st_albert
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by charleski View Post
Yeah, oops, the fix for that will go through soon.
And it has, and it's fixed! :

I will note in passing that on the KDE desktop, it still suffers from (evidently) some conflict with KDE's QT libraries. But the workaround discussed here works. I just added the code to unset the QT_PLUGIN_PATH variable in the sigil.sh script file, and it's good to go.

I tried both methods of file splitting as well as dragging files in the book browser to re-order them, and then re-build the TOC. All works as expected.

Old 08-10-2011, 06:46 PM   #15
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool oops!

i just made some changes (search for something, replace with nothing) in code view on all html files. then when i clicked on the windows red x in the upper right corner sigil closed without its usual question as to whether it should save my changes. had to do it all over again and choose 'save' in the 'file' drop-down.