Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 05-12-2011, 12:10 AM   #1
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Zane Grey - Riders of the Purple Sage

orlok and I are reading Zane Grey's Riders of the Purple Sage this month.

Anybody want to join us?
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 12:23 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I might read it. Just finished Anna Karenina for the bookclub so I'm looking for my next read, when did you want to start the discussion?
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2011, 12:36 AM   #3
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I might read it...when did you want to start the discussion?
Let's give it two weeks. Does that sound OK?

Two weeks would be May 26.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:40 AM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah, sounds good.
Old 05-12-2011, 01:09 AM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

~never mind~

Last edited by AnemicOak; 05-12-2011 at 10:07 AM.
Advert
Old 05-12-2011, 11:00 AM   #6
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
orlok and I are reading Zane Grey's Riders of the Purple Sage this month.

Anybody want to join us?
I'm here now. Thanks AnemicOak for the pointer.

I've finished it, so am ready and willing as soon as everyone else is.

GA Russell - you do realise that May 26 might be too late, as I'm not sure I'll have time to comment on the book between Judgment Day and the End of the World? I'll be too busy running around screaming in terror!
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 05:52 PM   #7
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I'm in. Gotta finish Anna first, but I'll see you on May 26.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 08:27 PM   #8
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
~never mind~
Never mind about that post, or never mind you're not going to read the book?
Old 05-12-2011, 08:40 PM   #9
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
Never mind about that post, or never mind you're not going to read the book?
LOL, just that post. I'm almost half way through the book.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:16 PM   #10
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

orlok, is your link to the Politics and Religion forum? I don't have access to it (which is probably just as well!).

Anemic Oak, you're ahead of me! I'm only on page 50 of 225.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:01 AM   #11
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Read and enjoyed it a couple of years ago. Need to finish Poul Anderson's 'The High Crusade', but I'll try reread and join in on discussion.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 03:16 AM   #12
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
orlok, is your link to the Politics and Religion forum? I don't have access to it (which is probably just as well!).
Yes. In summary, the eBible Fellowship is claiming that it will be JUDGMENT DAY on May 21st, 2011, as a precursor to The End of the World on October 21, 2011.

So we'd better get reading .
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:31 AM   #13
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Old 05-13-2011, 06:02 PM   #14
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Anyone got a picture of Purple Sage?

I assume it's a plant, but in truth, I guess it could be anything. . .
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 06:12 PM   #15
AnemicOak
Bookaholic