Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 05-03-2012, 11:27 AM   #1
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
1 possible bug-2 feature requests-many thanks

I've used sigil a lot in the last week after having not used it at all for about a year. There seems to be a lot of improvements made over the last year so that it is more user-friendly while being more powerful than ever. For example, just allowing the user to rename a file without having to type in the file extension every time is a big help! So I just want thank all the people who have worked on this latest edition.

I noticed some behavior that might be a small bug: When you open an epub and make a minor change to the css sheet and do nothing else, then when you go to close the app, no window comes up to ask you if you want to save/discard the change. Sigil closes without saving the change. Shouldn't the warning window come up in these instances? I noticed this only with the css sheet.

I also have two feature requests:

1) Is it possible to add the option to search in "whole word" mode. For the time being I am using the fix offered by Timur of enclosing the search in boundary tags (\b) ... but it would be so much easier if there were a simple checkbox.

2) Is it possible to save to Sigil a list of most frequently used regex search terms and their associated replacement counterparts? Like maybe 10? Right now, if you use a complex regex formula, it quickly falls off the drop memu of the most recently used searches. It will do that easily within just a couple of minutes of editing an epub as newly used terms take their place. So if I open up Sigil the next day or even an hour later, I have to open up a separate notes application each time in order to be able to use some frequently used regex searches. I always have a hard time with regex, so I always have to keep notes of what works and I just can't reconstruct the searches from memory. It's like Greek to me!
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:01 PM   #2
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatNY View Post
When you open an epub and make a minor change to the css sheet and do nothing else, then when you go to close the app, no window comes up to ask you if you want to save/discard the change. Sigil closes without saving the change.
I can't duplicate this on Sigil 0.5.3 on Ubuntu 12.04. If I open a file and switch to the stylesheet, as soon as I type any character my Sigil window correctly updates the filename with a '*' at the end indicating something has changed, and if I try to close or open a new epub I'm prompted to save/cancel. What OS are you using?

Quote:
1) Is it possible to add the option to search in "whole word" mode. For the time being I am using the fix offered by Timur of enclosing the search in boundary tags (\b) ... but it would be so much easier if there were a simple checkbox.
Unlikely any checkboxes will be added. It might be that additional modes can be added - but there would have to be good justification for them - something that cannot be done using Regex. And since you can do what you need using Regex - at least from what you've stated - there doesn't seem to be a need to add a new mode.

Quote:
2) Is it possible to save to Sigil a list of most frequently used regex search terms and their associated replacement counterparts?
Not in the current version...
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:39 PM   #3
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
I can't duplicate this on Sigil 0.5.3 on Ubuntu 12.04. ...
Same here with v0.5.3 on WinXPsp3. The slightest change in the CSS file triggers the proper altered doc behavior: asterisk on titlebar and "mother may I" dialog when I try to Exit.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote