Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-13-2007, 01:49 PM   #1
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Connect Reader Software - Download URL

I started to add this to one of the existing threads, but perhaps this'll make it easier to find in the future with a forum search.

Sony's finally posted the ConnSoft for download here.

The page has the updated system requirements as well.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 05:02 AM   #2
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Ah finally... props to Sony for listening to our complaints!

They also published the direct download links for the update patches: http://esupport.sony.com/perl/news-item.pl?news_id=171

Perhaps we should make this thread sticky, and/or add the information to the Wiki.
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2007, 05:11 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Please do make it sticky. This is very handy, because "Connect" can't get through our proxy server at work, so I can't update directly from Connect there, but using the direct download link work fine.

Thanks Nat - greatly appreciated!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 09:02 AM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Looks like Alexander heard the sticky cries.

I'm wondering if at least part of the reason they didn't release the ConnSoft for download earlier was that they didn't want the Reader to be judged on the basis of the software (by folks who hadn't yet seen the Reader itself, I mean). Can't say as I'd blame them for that, if it's so.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:15 PM   #5
orcinus
Gadgeteer
orcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enough

Device: iRex iLiad, Sony PRS-500, Nokia 770, BB 7200, Samsung i600, iPhone
I've added the links to CONNECT download page and the first firmware/CONNECT update to the wiki page (under external links). Hope no one minds...
orcinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2007, 12:19 PM   #6
NatCh
Gizmologist

Minds? Hardly! Should have thought of that myself. Thanks!
Old 10-08-2007, 12:01 PM   #7
Ramen360
Ramen360 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
Unhappy How?

Where is "click the link above" ?
I still can't download it.
Ramen360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 01:03 PM   #8
NatCh
Gizmologist

I'm afraid I'm not following your question, Ramen360. Are you asking where to click to go to the download page? It's the actual word "here" in the middle line of the first post.

Are you asking what you do once you get there? Scroll down a bit on that page and look for the download button It presently looks like this:

If neither of those covers what you're after, please clarify what you need and I/we willl try again.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:52 PM   #9
dhbailey
Guru
dhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enough

Device: HP iPAQ211 / PRS 500, 700 and 505
Does anybody have a link for the NEW version, the one that is shipping with the 505?
dhbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 02:07 PM   #10
NatCh
Gizmologist

It's not out yet -- they told us it would be awhile before it would be available for download. I'd expect it to end up on the same page.

Either way, if anyone comes up with one, do please post it!
Old 10-12-2007, 11:07 AM   #11
Ramen360
Ramen360 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
Unhappy I can get to the page.

I can get to the page but once i get there i don't know what to do to download it.
Ramen360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 09:44 AM   #12
rmaks
rmaks has learned how to buy an e-book online

Here you are: http://download.sony.com/prs/ebookli...0Installer.exe
rmaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 10:38 AM   #13
fishcube
Connoisseur
fishcube began at the beginning.

Device: Archos 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmaks View Post
Can one download this and buy ebooks before even having a Sony Reader?
fishcube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 11:41 AM   #14
NatCh
Gizmologist

Sure! If you've got some reason to want to do that, you can.