Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-20-2011, 08:31 PM   #1
siraks
use the force
siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo K1
CRB / CBZ

Just wanted to let everyone know that i just tested a CBR file and it shows up fine and works as cbr and doesn't need to be converted.

it is pretty neat that we can read those on the kobo.

one thing i did notice though, if left as cbr it shows up fine in the documents section but when you try to increase the font it can't because they are images.

sooo, i may try converting the cbr to pdf because pdf has the % increase.

some panels in a comic are a bit tiny and the text can get somewhat small but not overly terrible. if it was a pdf you could probably zoom in a tiny bit and read it a bit better. full screen panels look great and the text can be easily read.

EDIT :
I converted the cbr to pdf and after playing around with it and trying to zoom in i feel the original cbr version is sharper and cleaner in the page fit rather than zoomed in. just a personal preference possibly? but i found after zooming in the images and text wasn't as sharp.

edit - Also wanted to add that i used calibre to transfer the files

Last edited by siraks; 03-20-2011 at 08:44 PM. Reason: added more info ... again
siraks is offline   Reply With Quote