Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 08-22-2014, 03:10 PM   #901
Nova5
Enthusiast
Nova5 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Calibre + CoolReader + VPN = Global access to my books. Worked so easy once I saw I needed to append /opds to the end of the server address. VPN allows me to have secure access to my files and not leave them open to the world secured by whatever authentication method Calibre relies on for its user/pass.

Now I need to figure out how to tie the Nook STG in by VPN. Phone and Tablet can do it no problems. I expect the NSTG to be a bit more of a challenge, it is rooted for CoolReader use.
Nova5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 03:17 AM   #902
Sorraia3
Sorraia3 began at the beginning.

Device: eBookwise 1150, Sony PRS-600
I've been using cool reader for a long time and it's been great, but today for the first time I needed to search in a book for a specific part. The search worked great, it found the first instance of the word, but then I had to keep re-searching to look for more and it would often go back to the first rather to the next instance. Is there a way to just go to the next instance once a search has been initiated? Thx.
Sorraia3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2014, 09:20 AM   #903
Buggins
Zealot
Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
New version of Cool Reader is available on SourceForge: 3.1.2-50.

Problem with overlapped text is fixed.
Buggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 09:38 AM   #904
Buggins
Zealot
Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorraia3 View Post
I've been using cool reader for a long time and it's been great, but today for the first time I needed to search in a book for a specific part. The search worked great, it found the first instance of the word, but then I had to keep re-searching to look for more and it would often go back to the first rather to the next instance. Is there a way to just go to the next instance once a search has been initiated? Thx.
Once first search result is shown, Search toolbar should appear - with buttons "Find Previous", "Close", "Find Next". Use these buttons.
Old 11-21-2014, 12:14 PM   #905
muse
Enthusiast
muse plays well with othersmuse plays well with othersmuse plays well with othersmuse plays well with othersmuse plays well with othersmuse plays well with othersmuse plays well with othersmuse plays well with othersmuse plays well with othersmuse plays well with othersmuse plays well with others

Device: Kobo H2O
I having been using Cool Reader on my Sony PRS-T1 for a while and I really like it over other readers.
It has the best combination of font settings (anti-aliasing, hinting, kerning, gamma) in my opinion

However, on my device, there is a ~0.5s delay with every page turn, whereas it is instantaneous with other Android readers.

Is there a older, stable version that still has the same advanced font settings but possibly runs faster on older devices?

PRS-T1 runs Android 2.2.1 with a 800MHz Freescale ARMv7 CPU.

I am running the latest version version of CR from Google Market.
muse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2014, 07:07 AM   #906
Buggins
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by muse View Post
I having been using Cool Reader on my Sony PRS-T1 for a while and I really like it over other readers.
It has the best combination of font settings (anti-aliasing, hinting, kerning, gamma) in my opinion

However, on my device, there is a ~0.5s delay with every page turn, whereas it is instantaneous with other Android readers.

Is there a older, stable version that still has the same advanced font settings but possibly runs faster on older devices?

PRS-T1 runs Android 2.2.1 with a 800MHz Freescale ARMv7 CPU.

I am running the latest version version of CR from Google Market.
Probably, delay is due to double tap detection. Change Settings / Controls / Tap zone secondary action type to Long Tap.

Older versions can be found on SourceForge
Old 11-28-2014, 12:18 PM   #907
muse
Enthusiast
muse plays well with othersmuse plays well with othersmuse plays well with othersmuse plays well with othersmuse plays well with othersmuse plays well with othersmuse plays well with othersmuse plays well with othersmuse plays well with othersmuse plays well with othersmuse plays well with others

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggins View Post
Probably, delay is due to double tap detection. Change Settings / Controls / Tap zone secondary action type to Long Tap.

Older versions can be found on SourceForge
I checked the settings and it is on Long Tap.

The funny thing is I tried changing it to Double Tap and the delay is exactly the same.

It's alright, not a big issue!

Thanks for your help.
muse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 07:10 PM   #908
VelvetElvis
Addict
VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Fire HD8, Asus, Sony (T1, PRS-300), Kobo (Glo, Touch, Wireless)
Posted this as a separate thread, but got no bites, maybe someone here (Buggins?) can answer.

Is there a way to expand or temporarily enlarge pictures within a book using Cool Reader? A lot of the non-fiction I read has photos, charts, etc., and it would be great if I could magnify these to make them legible.

I had a reader that would allow a reverse pinch (is that even the correct term?) to expand a pic, but I can't recall which reader that was.

Thanks.
VelvetElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 06:26 AM   #909
nabilh2020
nabilh2020 began at the beginning.

Device: Android
@Buggins

I need help with setting up the opds on OS X Maverick.

I just purchased your Silver Donation.

So you can help me with setting up a local LAN OPDS.

I am using Calibre2opds on Mac OS X Maverick, but when I input the OPDS url:

http://192.168.1.101:8008/_catalog/index.xml

or

http://192.168.1.101:8008/_catalog/index.html

I get an error that catalog cannot open.

The catalog is in my Calibre Library.

I can open Calibre using ebook readers that support it.

Any idea how to fix the url? or something else to do?

Thanks

Nabil H
nabilh2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 07:07 PM   #910
nabilh2020
nabilh2020 began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Fixed - wrong address, should be for me:

http://192.168.1.102:8082/opds
with
http://192.168.1.102:8082 same as Calibre server.

In fact in my case, I do not need calibre2opds, as calibre has an internal OPDS that can be used for Local WiFi Network.

Last edited by nabilh2020; 12-16-2014 at 01:56 PM.
nabilh2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 04:59 AM   #911
czpaja
czpaja began at the beginning.

Device: Cool Reader on Pentagram Quadra 7 Ultra Slim
Hi, have you got some expiriences with Cool Reader on tablets with Anfroid 4.2.2 (http://pentagram.eu/products/newest-...quadra-7-ultra). When I try to open book just loading screen is shown and it stays there. Then I tried to turn page and screen is replaced with blank screen with vertical lines. During browsing my book library I also don't see book covers (just some blank space with shadow on left and bottom). GL version works ok but haven't got features which I need. Could you please provide me some help?
czpaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 03:54 PM   #912
Milanya
Milanya began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader PRC-T2
How can I organize my books by authors' LAST names in Cool Reader?
For some reason, when I line them by author it goes in the order of authors' first names. I have quite a number of books and this order makes it really hard to find a book I need.
Milanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 08:33 PM   #913
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milanya View Post
How can I organize my books by authors' LAST names in Cool Reader?
For some reason, when I line them by author it goes in the order of authors' first names. I have quite a number of books and this order makes it really hard to find a book I need.
Coolreader uses last name for authors. Something I don't like so have started using calibre companion on my phone. In the library press on a book till it shows the book info. What does the info say First Last or Last, First if it shows Last First your metadata in the book is wrong it should be First Last and coolreader will automatically convert it to last first for the library.
But if you use calibre I would recommend calibre companion it is the best way to manage your library on android. And you can open the book directly in coolreader from it so coolreader library system becomes obsolete.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 05:02 AM   #914
Viper73
Viper73 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
wrong Thread, moved to:
this Thread

Last edited by Viper73; 01-04-2015 at 02:46 PM.
Viper73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 12:32 PM   #915
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper73 View Post
i have an Kindle PW and installed the "coolreader" yesterday.
Wrong thread. I beleive this is the right one.
pkbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cool reader, fb2 epub rtf chm fbreader