Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 09-11-2011, 09:10 AM   #16
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
If the user wants to override the font I recommend for the book, they need to fix it themselves.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 04:00 AM   #17
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Perhaps I wasn't clear. If you don't set any font, I can choose the one I want on-the-fly. If you set "serif" (or any other default family), my reader uses a default font, and does not let me change it. It's not a big deal for me, since I know how to modify the book, but I thought you should know
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 02:55 AM   #18
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
ideally, a user preference screen which could set a font type & size for both views, and could also set a preference for open in book view or open in code view.

more work - but having sigil remember views ( and reg-ex) for previously opened books, on a book by book basis would be great. sigil would need to maintain an app-data file for that.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:24 AM   #19
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
ideally, a user preference screen which could set a font type & size for both views, and could also set a preference for open in book view or open in code view.
I think John has made it clear that font type and size won't be an option for the book view.

One idea I think John is open to. I would like to see an ability to set the font zoom level on both the book and code views to allow us folks with aging eyes the ability to view Sigil at a default zoom level without having to set it each and every time.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 06:04 AM   #20
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
I think John has made it clear that font type and size won't be an option for the book view.

One idea I think John is open to. I would like to see an ability to set the font zoom level on both the book and code views to allow us folks with aging eyes the ability to view Sigil at a default zoom level without having to set it each and every time.
currently I set it book by book in the stylesheet - t'would be one less thing to do if it were a global setting, as the windows default font view is awful & leaves trailing artifacts as text is edited ( I've posted about that before & it seems to get blamed on QT).

so I explicitly set times new roman in stylesheet, seems to have no effect on book's appearence on Sony e-reader but is far clearer on PC.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:07 AM   #21
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post

I am with you on that request.
Valloric did make ech page remember th last zoom, but like you, I would prefer the Zoom be by 'View'
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 01:25 PM   #22
cybmole
Wizard

it is rare nowadays for a program to have no user configurable preferences. I hope that some preferences are being considered for future versions.

the number of times I have to change find / replace to all files...code view ...... & the number of times I fumble that current file/ all files dropdown box...... & have to do it twice....
Old 09-14-2011, 01:47 PM   #23
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
it is rare nowadays for a program to have no user configurable preferences. I hope that some preferences are being considered for future versions.
Yes but not for inclusion any time soon.

Quote:
the number of times I have to change find / replace to all files...code view ...... & the number of times I fumble that current file/ all files dropdown box...... & have to do it twice....
This in itself is a different issue. These should be remembered between sessions and not require you to have to make this change every time. Also, the find and replace portions should not be separated like they are. This will be corrected.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 02:06 PM   #24
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
Also, the find and replace portions should not be separated like they are. This will be corrected.
Could the F & R buttons be moved? Replace_All, Replace,Find_Next

Sometimes I step through and only replace selected places because the Search can not be refined further and I want to Skip certain 'Found'...
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 02:45 PM   #25
user_none
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Could the F & R buttons be moved? Replace_All, Replace,Find_Next
Sometimes I step through and only replace selected places because the Search can not be refined further and I want to Skip certain 'Found'...
It is being redesigned. An initial version has already been merged.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:25 PM   #26
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

A bit off-topic, but I've been following along building the latest code on Ubuntu, and I've noticed a strange behavior with the PCRE find/replace. If you repeatedly hit "find," the highlighted string will shift position ahead of the actual found search string, by some arbitrary number of characters for each subsequent find operation. The offset increases with each find operation. This happens with normal, wildcard, and RE searches. Replace only works when the highlighted string matches the actual search string.

Anyone else seen this?
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 04:33 PM   #27
user_none

For anyone building form git. Git is a work in progress. It is unfinished, not guaranteed to build or run. Only tagged revisions are in a stable working state. Git revisions are often incomplete and untested.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:45 PM   #28
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
For anyone building form git. Git is a work in progress. It is unfinished, not guaranteed to build or run. Only tagged revisions are in a stable working state. Git revisions are often incomplete and untested.
Point taken. I'll try to be patient.
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:58 PM   #29
user_none

Quote:
Originally Posted by st_albert View Post
Point taken. I'll try to be patient.
I apologize if I was harsh but people have been pointing out the state of git and opening bugs about issues I'm actively working on.