Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-09-2009, 01:25 PM   #16
warriorscot
Enthusiast
warriorscot began at the beginning.

Device: prs-700
If its an exclusive with DRM its going to be pirated, its just the way it is. Ironically unless its actively distributed in a non DRM format pirates tend to leave the non-DRM stuff relatively alone making it trick to track down by that route. DRM to pirates is like bulls and red flags.
warriorscot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 10:02 PM   #17
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
Amazon won.

I pulled the trigger on a K2. Total price for K2 + Cover + 1 day ship was the same 349.96 I paid for my 700 when it was brand new...before tax. Doesn't seem too bad, I guess.
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2009, 02:30 AM   #18
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
that's good for you. I'm really wanting a kindle recently too.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 04:05 AM   #19
krischik
Addict
krischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheese

Device: P990i, PRS 505
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx6166 View Post
Mistborn
Mistborn is available at Fictionwise and Mobipocket.com. So it can't be that exclusive.

Martin
krischik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 08:00 PM   #20
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
The only formats available that I saw Mistborn 2 (3 is a moot point, since it was released simultaniously) were MOBI, which is now owned by Amazon.

Andy - I find myself feeling a little dirty for cheating on my Sonies.

I just got 5 books that will DL as soon as my K2 is out of the box. Not one of them is available on BoB, FW, ebooks, or sony... I'm sort of excited though. I have them all in dead tree but can't bring myself to lug around the hardcovers anymore.
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2009, 07:11 AM   #21
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
$199 Kindle 1 refurbs on sale is really making me itch.

but barnes and noble plastic logic in the same sentence makes me want to wait.

plus I don't really need a new reader.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 07:48 AM   #22
krischik
Addict
krischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheese

Device: P990i, PRS 505
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx6166 View Post
The only formats available that I saw Mistborn 2 (3 is a moot point, since it was released simultaniously) were MOBI, which is now owned by Amazon.
I got all three Mistborn books from Fictionwise. Yes in MOBI format. And no Amazon does not own MOBI (the format) which is based on the PRC format from Palm_OS.

Amazon does own mobipocket.com (The webshop and software house) and the DRM scheme used on top of MOBI. Of course the DRM has been cracked long ago, the software house is dead, the webshop is dying. Ahh, well...

Martin
krischik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 11:05 PM   #23
Treven
Addict
Treven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by doreenjoy View Post
...(apparently by scanning paper books). .
I have an old copy of Chrome by George Nader, Rock Hudson's main squeeze. Would love to be able to get it electronically; but I'm not so in the mood that I'd cut the spine off the book and stand at a scanner and scan the entire book.
Treven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 01:55 AM   #24
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Not hard to understand if you look at the basics, Sony has always been electronics and Amazon is books. The Sony book store may never be as good as Amazon's but look for other sources for reading material. I enjoy checking out ebooks from libraries, something Amazon can't offer for the same price, FREE
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote