Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 08-21-2008, 05:10 AM   #46
rachaelandrews
Enthusiast
rachaelandrews doesn't litterrachaelandrews doesn't litter

Device: iLiad Second Edition
Anyone interested in reading pdfs on a larger screen than the current iLiad and who can wait a while might do well to wait a few weeks. You never know what September might bring. Something may appear that might suit people better with technical documents to deal with, or those with eyesight issues for example, who don't mind a little bump in the weight of the thing.

Rachael
rachaelandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 12:08 PM   #47
yolle
yolle began at the beginning.

Device: Irex DR 1000
Does anybody have the slightest clue of how much the 9,7 inch e-readers might cost? I know that any number is just a guess...
yolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2008, 02:54 PM   #48
CleverClothe
Guru
CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, Onyx Boox 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by yolle View Post
Hi!
I'm new to the e-reader world so I have a few questions. I'm thinking of buying the irex iliad, but of course the price is the problem.
Since the majority of the books I would be reading is in the pdf format, the only real option is the iliad? Or am I wrong?
These pdf books are often very big, more than 100 Mb, even 400 Mb occasionally. Is there any chance that these books would function on the Iliad? They also have a lot of tables, pictures, diagrammes etc.. Is there any known "size" limit to a file that the iliad can still open?
Can you "go to page 124" for example in irex iliad? does it remember where you stopped reading?
As I understand the only difference between the Iliad Book Edition and the the Iliad 2nd Edition is the WiFi connectivity. Are there ANY other differences? IIs WiFi at all useful or just comes in handy from time to time?
Does the Book Edition have longer battery life than the "WiFi" edition?
Does an e-reader with an e-ink display consume battery only when turning a page or even when just reading a page?
Thanks!
I don't think there is practical limit to PDF size. The main issue is what content is on the pages. Rendering a page with lots of graphics will take more memory and time. I have read several PDFs with images and tables and they worked (but kind of slow to load and zoom).
CleverClothe is offline   Reply With Quote