Notices

Old 11-25-2010, 07:05 AM   #1
alophind
Connoisseur
alophind began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Treo 650
How to bulk replace author - book name

Hi ,
In all the books I import , calibre put the author as book title and book title as author .

is there a way to bulk replace all ?
alophind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 07:19 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by alophind View Post
Hi ,
In all the books I import , calibre put the author as book title and book title as author .
You can select all the books you wish to swap and choose Edit Metadata, check swap title and author box then click ok and all titles and authors for the books selected will be swapped.

Alternatively you can try to get the info correct to begin with. Calibre tries to get the info from metadata but if that fails it uses the regular expression under Preferences - Adding books to extract info from the file name.

Try this regex
Code:
^((?P<title>([^\-_0-9]+)(?=\s*-\s*)(?!\s*-\s*[0-9.]+)|\b))(\s*-\s*)?((?P<series>[^0-9\-]+)(\s*-\s*)?(?P<series_index>[0-9.]+)\s*-\s*)?(?P<author>[^\-_0-9]+)
or this one

Code:
^((?P<author>([^\-_0-9]+)(?=\s*-\s*)(?!\s*-\s*[0-9.]+)|\b))(\s*-\s*)?((?P<series>[^0-9\-]+)(\s*-\s*)?(?P<series_index>[0-9.]+)\s*-\s*)?(?P<title>[^\-_0-9]+)
After entering either put a file you would like to add including the epub or mobi extension in the test window and test it to see what is populated. I didn't write either but one or the other usually works for me.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 11-25-2010 at 07:21 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2010, 08:25 AM   #3
alophind
Connoisseur
alophind began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Treo 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
You can select all the books you wish to swap and choose Edit Metadata, check swap title and author box then click ok and all titles and authors for the books selected will be swapped.

Alternatively you can try to get the info correct to begin with. Calibre tries to get the info from metadata but if that fails it uses the regular expression under Preferences - Adding books to extract info from the file name.

Try this regex
Code:
^((?P<title>([^\-_0-9]+)(?=\s*-\s*)(?!\s*-\s*[0-9.]+)|\b))(\s*-\s*)?((?P<series>[^0-9\-]+)(\s*-\s*)?(?P<series_index>[0-9.]+)\s*-\s*)?(?P<author>[^\-_0-9]+)
or this one

Code:
^((?P<author>([^\-_0-9]+)(?=\s*-\s*)(?!\s*-\s*[0-9.]+)|\b))(\s*-\s*)?((?P<series>[^0-9\-]+)(\s*-\s*)?(?P<series_index>[0-9.]+)\s*-\s*)?(?P<title>[^\-_0-9]+)
After entering either put a file you would like to add including the epub or mobi extension in the test window and test it to see what is populated. I didn't write either but one or the other usually works for me.
I needed the second one.
Thank you very much !!!
alophind is offline   Reply With Quote