Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 11-28-2012, 05:05 PM   #106
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
I don't denigrate his works, and I do support his right to say anything he pleases. I also have the right, however, to direct how my spending goes, and I choose not to purchase any of his books. That doesn't mean that Ender's Game isn't a brilliant book. It is. And I don't tell other people not to read his works. I just explain why I choose not to.

Let them make up their own minds based on their own personal (and private) values.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:39 AM   #107
Dem0sthenes
Hegemon
Dem0sthenes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dem0sthenes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dem0sthenes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dem0sthenes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dem0sthenes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dem0sthenes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dem0sthenes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dem0sthenes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dem0sthenes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dem0sthenes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dem0sthenes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
its more his essays that he rants about how bad he thinks it is.
Dem0sthenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2012, 03:50 AM   #108
Dem0sthenes
Hegemon
Dem0sthenes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dem0sthenes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dem0sthenes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dem0sthenes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dem0sthenes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dem0sthenes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dem0sthenes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dem0sthenes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dem0sthenes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dem0sthenes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dem0sthenes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Wow, just finished the Shadows in Flight audio book, got through it in a single day! [No spoilers]I was very surprised how short it was and I have to say, from the get go it was a bit of a let down that it did not bring together the Shadow series and the Ender series in an epic elaborate way. That aside, it did have some parts that really hold your attention and discuss some thought provoking concepts on a reality with no language. The other side of the coin is that really is pure filler in between major scenes. From what Card said at the end of the book I guess all that was promised of Shadows in Flight will actually be the next book? He said the publisher wanted more of an impulse buy instead of a full book. Overall I'd recommend reading it because its so short and it's worth the update from Bean's view, but was the first time a book from the Ender Saga lost my interest at any point. Still got hopes for the next one Shadows Alive though, hope its soon!
Dem0sthenes is offline   Reply With Quote