Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-18-2008, 10:27 AM   #136
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
Granted, unfortubatley you always forget this and always calls tails.

I wish I had an 18 year old Tallisker waiting for me at home
Granted:

I'm pretty certain it's not Talisker that is sitting on the horse, either.

I wish I knew what he was really wishing for, there!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 10:32 AM   #137
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post

Granted. Now you know.

I wish that I knew what a tallisker is also. Is it a cocktail or lemur?
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2008, 10:32 AM   #138
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Granted:

I'm pretty certain it's not Talisker that is sitting on the horse, either.

Granted, Tallisker is a brand of Scotch (IMHO the BEST), unfortunatley, after giving you this information, I have to kill you.

I wish there aren't too much traffic in 30 minutes when I go home.
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 10:41 AM   #139
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
I wish there aren't too much traffic in 30 minutes when I go home.
Granted: everyone else is dead. (I figured since I always grant your wishes by killing you, I thought I'd give you a reprieve this time.)

I wish I could afford to travel whenever and wherever I want.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 10:48 AM   #140
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Granted, but you develop abulia, so you don't want to travel anywhere.

I wish someone else would make this wish so that the corruption would be felt elsewhere.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2008, 11:04 AM   #141
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Quote:
Granted, but you develop abulia, so you don't want to travel anywhere.

I wish someone else would make this wish so that the corruption would be felt elsewhere.
Granted: now you have to cope with depressed llamas.

Wish: I wish to have "the blue one, next to the fish" on my tombstone.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 11:12 AM   #142
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
Granted: now you have to cope with depressed llamas.

Wish: I wish to have "the blue one, next to the fish" on my tombstone.
Granted - but they leave your name off the tombstone, so nobody knows you're there.

I wish Pshrynk gets an invitation to the Presidential inauguration.
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 12:07 PM   #143
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
I wish Pshrynk gets an invitation to the Presidential inauguration.
Granted. Sadly security won't let him take his depressed llamas with him, so he doesn't get to attend.

I wish pshrynk's llamas would cheer up and discover a new form of cocktail chocolate.
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 12:20 PM   #144
radioflyertoo
Hog Rider
radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.radioflyertoo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: HTC 7501
Granted; but they drink it all.

I wish that my grass wouldn't grow.
radioflyertoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 12:37 PM   #145
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by radioflyertoo View Post
I wish that my grass wouldn't grow.
Granted. Your weeds are going like gangbusters, though.

I wish it was 500 years in the future, and I captained a rickety-looking but largely reliable Firefly-class vessel around the 'verse.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 01:59 PM   #146
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
I wish it was 500 years in the future, and I captained a rickety-looking but largely reliable Firefly-class vessel around the 'verse.
Is it already part of your wish that you're on the run from the authorities and you have a psychotic hitman (not to mention an unstable telepath trained as an assassin) as part of your crew? Or should I go with "granted, but it's not nearly as exciting as in Firefly-- the government is minimal and benign, there are no wars or social injustice to rail against, but making ends meet to fuel your ship is always an issue because nobody else really wants to go anywhere or ship anything, thanks to universal prosperity"?
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 02:13 PM   #147
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Is it already part of your wish that you're on the run from the authorities and you have a psychotic hitman (not to mention an unstable telepath trained as an assassin) as part of your crew? Or should I go with "granted, but it's not nearly as exciting as in Firefly-- the government is minimal and benign, there are no wars or social injustice to rail against, but making ends meet to fuel your ship is always an issue because nobody else really wants to go anywhere or ship anything, thanks to universal prosperity"?
Actually, I was hoping for an intelligent pilot who is former-military and now anti-military, a big but simple "heavy lifting" guy, a sharp engineer, a cargo officer, a good cook, a regular cargo run for a reputable rural company, and an occasional passenger for a few extra bucks. In a society that is doing okay, but clearly not at the Universal Prosperity level yet, at least not on the fringes. Hopefully assassins will be few and far between. But you know how these things go.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:23 PM   #148
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Actually, I was hoping for an intelligent pilot who is former-military and now anti-military, a big but simple "heavy lifting" guy, a sharp engineer, a cargo officer, a good cook, a regular cargo run for a reputable rural company, and an occasional passenger for a few extra bucks. In a society that is doing okay, but clearly not at the Universal Prosperity level yet, at least not on the fringes. Hopefully assassins will be few and far between. But you know how these things go.
Granted as specified... but the constant love affairs, lover's spats, and jealousy between your crew members is driving you crazy.

Oh. I'm supposed to make a wish?

I wish I could get the next page of my manga done tonight....
Old 09-18-2008, 03:02 PM   #149
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Granted as specified... but the constant love affairs, lover's spats, and jealousy between your crew members is driving you crazy.
No wonder I'm such a crotchety bastard...

Quote:
Oh. I'm supposed to make a wish?

I wish I could get the next page of my manga done tonight....
Granted. The characters find themselves in a freak snowstorm, which allows you to finish the page in fifteen minutes, but only serves to muddy the plot maddeningly.

I wish I'd wished for a beautiful Companion in my last wish, who'd realized she... oh, wait, I'm married. I wish I wouldn't go there.
Old 09-18-2008, 03:35 PM   #150
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

Quote:
Granted. The characters find themselves in a freak snowstorm, which allows you to finish the page in fifteen minutes, but only serves to muddy the plot maddeningly.
Ooh, there's a plan!

Quote:
I wish I'd wished for a beautiful Companion in my last wish, who'd realized she... oh, wait, I'm married. I wish I wouldn't go there.
I'm not going to touch that one.

I wish these cute little ants would go play somewhere else. I already took the leftover scone they'd discovered outside!

Tags
dr. who by llounge llamas, unutterable silliness