Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-03-2013, 07:49 PM   #136
kecskesb
kecskesb began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard + 4NT
Thank you, this way everything works as intended.
kecskesb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:50 PM   #137
kecskesb
kecskesb began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard + 4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
The diags menu also appears on the serial port.
Just in case you lose count.
Sadly, there is no serial port on the Kindle 4 NT
kecskesb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2013, 07:54 PM   #138
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by kecskesb View Post
Sadly, there is no serial port on the Kindle 4 NT
Of course there is.
It is indexed in our system of prefix indexes found in a sticky at the top of the forum.
You will find indexed there the details of the serial port hook-up for each model of Kindle.

Let me save you a couple of clicks:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=166687

Last edited by knc1; 03-03-2013 at 07:57 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:15 AM   #139
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@ixtab: Used Kubrick to un-Demo a cheap K4.

Everything "just worked" but there is one secret to my success:
I read each README.txt file that comes with every package.

A hint to others: rename the README.txt file each time you un-archive a package so that the next package's README.txt file does not over-write the prior one.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:33 AM   #140
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
The files mirrored by me are updated to 2.1 now.
The URIs haven't changed.
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2013, 06:06 PM   #141
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmid View Post
The files mirrored by me are updated to 2.1 now.
The URIs haven't changed.
(a bit late, but: ) thanks! First post updated accordingly.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:20 AM   #142
PabloEr
PabloEr began at the beginning.

Device: K3wifi
K3 dead... Kubrick didn't help. :(

I downgraded K3w firmware. I wrote Incorrectly addresses to ATK. The book became frozen. At connection to the computer at once passes to a downloading mode (the yellow LED). I addressed to the help of Kubrick 2 times. It didn't help. I think that I should download full image of Kindle. Then completely to fill in it inside. Thus I will use the high-capacity external battery. It is possible to make it by means of Kubrick? How to me to merge a full image of Kindle?
Thank`s
PabloEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:24 PM   #143
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
@PabloEr: If Kubrick didn't solve the problem, then it can't.

You'll have to manually use k3flasher... but don't ask me for the exact steps required - I don't know. You may have more luck asking in the k3flasher thread.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:46 PM   #144
PabloEr

Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloEr View Post
I downgraded K3w firmware. I wrote Incorrectly addresses to ATK. The book became frozen. At connection to the computer at once passes to a downloading mode (the yellow LED). I addressed to the help of Kubrick 2 times. It didn't help. I think that I should download full image of Kindle. Then completely to fill in it inside. Thus I will use the high-capacity external battery. It is possible to make it by means of Kubrick? How to me to merge a full image of Kindle?
Thank`s
----------------------------------------------
It is solved. Absolutely foolish way - but worked!
1 . We take normal Kindle
2 . ATK: We dumping from 0х0000000 to 0x00041000 (DUMP)
3 . We put aside normal and we connect a brick.
4 . ATK: We fill in from 0x0000000 (PROGRAM)
5 . Press ON. Kindle starting.
6 . PROFIT! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
----------------------------------------------

What you will tell? ? ?

Excuse me. My english - too bad

Last edited by PabloEr; 03-05-2013 at 12:52 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:08 PM   #145
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
I hope you made a backup because now you have two Kindle devices with the same serial number.
I'm afraid Amazon won't like it.
You should have dumped only 0x40c00 bytes...
The next 0x400 bytes contain device ids.
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:02 AM   #146
PabloEr

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmid View Post
I hope you made a backup because now you have two Kindle devices with the same serial number.
I'm afraid Amazon won't like it.
You should have dumped only 0x40c00 bytes...
The next 0x400 bytes contain device ids.

WiFi MAC Address - unavailable
Serial Number - identical for second K3w

Not connect to WiFi
What me to do?
Old 03-06-2013, 09:08 AM   #147
knc1
Going Viral

Put the original MAC address and Serial Number back onto the device.

Look them up in your logs -
Look them up in your router -
Call Amazon customer service -
lots of things you can try.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:55 PM   #148
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
As dsmid wrote, the relevant data is stored in the 0x400 bytes at offset 0x40c00.
First dump them to a file, take a hex editor and edit them to the right values (see knc1's reply), then write it back.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:53 AM   #149
PabloEr

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
As dsmid wrote, the relevant data is stored in the 0x400 bytes at offset 0x40c00.
First dump them to a file, take a hex editor and edit them to the right values (see knc1's reply), then write it back.
Oh! Thank`you dear!
But small problem.
Serial and MAC is lost
I looked for everywhere, but anywhere didn't find. It simply didn't remain neither in a router nor in documents (they aren't present). in general isn't present. If to use data from other K3w it will give problems?
Naturally, these books won't be at the same time on the Internet.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:08 PM   #150
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
its embedded in the DIAGS reports... if you backed any of them up in the past...
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote