Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-12-2012, 08:27 AM   #1
moller
moller , Klaatu Barada Niktu!moller , Klaatu Barada Niktu!moller , Klaatu Barada Niktu!moller , Klaatu Barada Niktu!moller , Klaatu Barada Niktu!moller , Klaatu Barada Niktu!moller , Klaatu Barada Niktu!moller , Klaatu Barada Niktu!moller , Klaatu Barada Niktu!moller , Klaatu Barada Niktu!moller , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: touch
help with some modifications

who can guide me ?

first of all i like to have a modded main menu without all the amazon stuff like shop in kindle store, sync and check for items (e.t.c.)

second off i would love to see my own splash screen (guy under the tree) where is the picture loacated, or is it hidden in some binary ?

last not least, how to install midnight commander ?

a newbie just asking to much ? thanks in advance
moller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:41 AM   #2
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=171041

The main menu stuff, apart from launcher, you can't yet do much. Contact ixtab, he may be able to build a jbpatch for you

Considering you know mc, I expect you to have basic linux knowledge. In that case, install xterm, optware and then do "ipkg install mc". For more info see https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Touch_Hacking
aditya3098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2012, 01:22 PM   #3
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by moller View Post
who can guide me ?

first of all i like to have a modded main menu without all the amazon stuff like shop in kindle store, sync and check for items (e.t.c.)
It's not easily doable to remove these items from the menu. I tried once (focusing only on the Kindle Shop item), and I gave up. There are simply far too many places in the firmware where this menu entry is inserted. (In other words: Amazon really, really, wants you to see that you can access their store, wherever you go.
Quote:

second off i would love to see my own splash screen (guy under the tree) where is the picture loacated, or is it hidden in some binary ?
Probably simply a matter of finding the right file to replace. find / -iname "*.png" should get you started.

Quote:

Install optware, then install mc.

Last edited by ixtab; 10-12-2012 at 01:28 PM. Reason: grammar.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:31 PM   #4
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
who can guide me ?

1) already answered BUT you can amend the store button to do other things.
info on wiki. My "Store" button launches browser for example

2) /opt/amazon/low_level_screens/600x800/splash.png

3) already answered

4) not really. The wiki would be a good place to start finding more answers in one lump.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote