Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-01-2012, 03:28 AM   #1
polli
Zealot
polli will become famous soon enoughpolli will become famous soon enoughpolli will become famous soon enoughpolli will become famous soon enoughpolli will become famous soon enoughpolli will become famous soon enoughpolli will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Touch, LG G Pad. Asus 7.0
Angry kobo auto opens first book on screen

When i press the menu button at the bottom of my kobo touch to go back to the home page kobo auto opens first book on screen. Why is this it just used to show the covers of the last books i had viewed. Grr
polli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:26 AM   #2
polli
Zealot
polli will become famous soon enoughpolli will become famous soon enoughpolli will become famous soon enoughpolli will become famous soon enoughpolli will become famous soon enoughpolli will become famous soon enoughpolli will become famous soon enough

Anybody? Is it supposed to do that now? Very annoying as dont want to read the first book then.
Advert
Old 03-03-2012, 11:49 AM   #3
RareBird
Addict
RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
It's only supposed to take you back to the home screen. It shouldn't open your books.
RareBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:15 AM   #4
polli
Zealot

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by RareBird View Post
It's only supposed to take you back to the home screen. It shouldn't open your books.
I thought so as it took me back to the home screen when I first bought it last october

Thought it was maybe the last update that was doing it?
Any suggestions?
Old 03-04-2012, 12:41 PM   #5
RareBird
Addict
RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have no idea. I upgraded to 1.9.16 when I got my Kobo Xmas day and have never seen this. My first try would be a paper clip reset (the hole in the back) and failing that a factory reset. Other than that no clue. Hopefully one of our more tech savvy associates will have some better advice.
Advert
Old 03-04-2012, 01:06 PM   #6
polli
Zealot

Question

Quote:
I have no idea. I upgraded to 1.9.16 when I got my Kobo Xmas day and have never seen this. My first try would be a paper clip reset (the hole in the back) and failing that a factory reset. Other than that no clue. Hopefully one of our more tech savvy associates will have some better advice.
It's just annoying My Kobo works fine apart from that THough a bit slow if I put too many books on it

Can't find a paper clip lol But whats the difference between both choices if I want to do that?
Old 03-04-2012, 07:39 PM   #7
RareBird
Addict

The reset using the hole on the back won't erase any of your books or data. Factory reset takes you back to it was right out of the box.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:32 PM   #8
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
Running 1.9.16 on the Touch and I've never had this happen. Monid you, I've only got about 50 books on it.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:59 AM   #9
polli
Zealot

Quote:
The reset using the hole on the back won't erase any of your books or data. Factory reset takes you back to it was right out of the box.
Thanks