Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-03-2011, 10:24 AM   #1
X read X
Banned
X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook, iPhone 4, Jetbook Color.
Exclamation Color eInk. Jetbook Color Available for Pre Order

Just received an email alert that the Jetbook Color is available for pre order.

The alert i got was from the Ectaco Forum http://www.ectaco.com/posts/list/75840.page

I found the item on their website http://www.ectaco.com/jetBook_Color/

I'm a sucker for being the 'first' with something so i'm really intrigued by the color eInk
X read X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 12:17 PM   #2
Belfaborac
Wizard
Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-950
Looks nice, but at that price there's no chance of a sale from me. Also, I hate to be an early adopter - when I buy something I want it to be a polished, mature product, which first or early versions seldom are. This one could well be an exception for all I know, but at $500 I may as well buy a tablet and get more functionality at the same price.
Belfaborac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2011, 12:35 PM   #3
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
cant wait for this.

already set a pre-order.

i cant read off tablets as my eyes HURTTTTT like crazy from backlit screens so im super excited to have a color eink unit
LuBiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 04:24 PM   #4
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
I just placed an pre-order for jetBook Color too.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 04:29 PM   #5
afa
The Forgotten
afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; Nook HD; Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
So color eInk devices are finally rolling out?

Sweet.
afa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2011, 04:31 PM   #6
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belfaborac View Post
Looks nice, but at that price there's no chance of a sale from me. Also, I hate to be an early adopter - when I buy something I want it to be a polished, mature product, which first or early versions seldom are. This one could well be an exception for all I know, but at $500 I may as well buy a tablet and get more functionality at the same price.
I bought a Sony CDP-101 the month after they came out. Compact disks were pretty pricey in the beginning, but I think I got more than my money's worth.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 04:43 PM   #7
reprep
Addict
reprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: amazon kindle DXG
Glad to hear that. Color e-inks are finally on the shelves.

But then, is it just me or the specifications are a bit vague?

How many colors can it display? What is the page refresh time?

Or is it touch screen or not? I don't see a page turn button on the picture (yes there is only one), but there isn't any hint about being touch screen.

I mean how can you pay 500 bucks for an item which is so vaguely described?
reprep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 04:51 PM   #8
Belfaborac
Wizard
Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phogg View Post
I bought a Sony CDP-101 the month after they came out. Compact disks were pretty pricey in the beginning, but I think I got more than my money's worth.
Well, to each his own. I've only very rarely bought the first version of anything and not later regretted I didn't wait for the next iteration.

I had a CDP-101 too back in the day, but while it was an impressive piece of kit at the time I can't exactly say I think it was exceptional value for money. That's another reason to wait before buying of course - V.1 is generally priced high in the knowledge that many people have lots money and little impulse control, hence ensuring it'll sell regardless. Then, when the sales taper off, the price is reduced to a more realistic level.
Old 12-03-2011, 05:03 PM   #9
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
It might have helped that I bought mine in Tokyo, and the Yen rate was really good in the 1983.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 05:16 PM   #10
Belfaborac
Wizard

Indeed, I should think that helped considerably.
Old 12-03-2011, 06:08 PM   #11
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by reprep View Post
How many colors can it display? What is the page refresh time?

Or is it touch screen or not? I don't see a page turn button on the picture (yes there is only one), but there isn't any hint about being touch screen.
It has a Wacom (pen only) touch screen. The Triton EInk screen supports 4096 colors, but at a resolution of 800x600 pixels (4 dots per pixel, 3 colors plus black). Page turns could take almost 1 second:
Quote:
Image Update time: 120ms - 980ms
From the wiki E Ink Triton and jetBook Color. The commercial version seems to be almost identical to the EDU.12 version (although it too has a lack of specs).
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 06:10 PM   #12
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
How much was the Kindle DX when first released?
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 09:49 AM   #13
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Its specs., ...sounds like SciFi

I wish you success Jetbook!
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:34 PM   #14
soilwork
useR!
soilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enough

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2, Kobo Libra H2O, iRiver Story HD
Even though I am not very interested in color screen, if Jetbook Color (JC) can display 1600*1200 in grey scale, it can be a very good tool for those who mainly read letter/a4 sized PDF files. JC has almost twice more pixels/dots than Entourage Edge which has 1200 * 825 resolution for the same sized screen.
soilwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:37 PM   #15
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
I'm excited to see the reviews of this once people try them out! 9.7" display is way too big for my needs and it's out of my price range but I'll probably covet the device anyway.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote