Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 12-23-2011, 10:00 AM   #106
mrspaceman
Lurker in the Dark
mrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to behold

Device: Asus Transformer Prime, Sony PRS-T1, HTC Sensation
I'm keeping the Roadmap wiki page up to date to show what's new in each release and whats planned for the future
mrspaceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 09:18 AM   #107
mrspaceman
Lurker in the Dark
mrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to behold

release 0.0.1.4 uploaded to fix bug of crashing if no microSD card present
Advert
Old 12-24-2011, 10:50 AM   #108
mrspaceman
Lurker in the Dark

opps, I rushed out the last release, but 0.0.1.5 is now up and has had a few more minutes testing.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:27 AM   #109
mrspaceman
Lurker in the Dark

Release 0.0.1.6

fixed preferences screen
Old 12-29-2011, 12:11 PM   #110
mrspaceman
Lurker in the Dark

My reader is playing up at the moment.

I think I'm going to have to reset it back to factory defaults before I can continue working on my homescreen.
Advert
Old 12-29-2011, 01:38 PM   #111
mrspaceman
Lurker in the Dark

Release 0.0.2.0 has been uploaded.

I have removed support for books on the SD card because it's causing me no end of issues.

once I've got calibre metadata working, I will be able to add it back in.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:39 PM   #112
mrspaceman
Lurker in the Dark

so far, I only one person has "+1" my project

http://code.google.com/p/sonyprst1home/
Old 12-29-2011, 05:42 PM   #113
roboreader
roboreader began at the beginning.

Device: prs-t1
Hi - I've tried installing a few versions (up to 0.0.2.0) and although it seems to install without error, I always get an error "... has quit unexpectedly" whenever I try to launch it. I've even rerooted with no change in behaviour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspaceman View Post
Release 0.0.2.0 has been uploaded.

I have removed support for books on the SD card because it's causing me no end of issues.

once I've got calibre metadata working, I will be able to add it back in.
roboreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 06:07 PM   #114
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
so far, I only one person has "+1" my project

http://code.google.com/p/sonyprst1home/
Don't take it personal.
Last I heard even Google's boss doesn't use their system.
(Well, once in a blue moon: http://techcrunch.com/2011/10/12/eri...t-google-plus/)

Give it time.

Last edited by fjtorres; 12-29-2011 at 06:11 PM.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 06:14 PM   #115
cendrieR
cendrieR began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
I'd +1 you if I knew how to do that.

(edit post vishcompany : indeed! I would add that if you jump from 1.2 to 2.0 it doesn't work, but it is ok if you do 1.2 to 1.3 and then jump to 2.0; that frontier between 1.2 and 1.3 was already noticed on the wiki)

Last edited by cendrieR; 12-29-2011 at 06:48 PM.
cendrieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 06:18 PM   #116
vishcompany
Addict
vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: Gen3(†); PB302(↓); PRS-350; T1; voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by roboreader View Post
Hi - I've tried installing a few versions (up to 0.0.2.0) and although it seems to install without error, I always get an error "... has quit unexpectedly" whenever I try to launch it. I've even rerooted with no change in behaviour.
I can confirm this. I followed updates up to 0.0.0.9, then paused for a while (reading...) then tried to update directly to 0.0.1.7 and had the described error.

Going back to 0.0.0.9 and then upgrading step by step did the trick for me. (downloading all apks into a folder on the sd card). uninstalling and then installing 0.0.1.9 directly also did not work.

I will update now to 0.0.2.0.

Thanks for all the great work. I'm not in the + network, I will give you some karma here, if that helps...
vishcompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 12:20 AM   #117
mrspaceman
Lurker in the Dark

Each release is self contained and should be able to be installed over any other version.

however, the first thing to try if a new release doesn't work properly is to uninstall the old version and reinstall the new version.
Old 12-30-2011, 05:55 AM   #118
roboreader
roboreader began at the beginning.

Device: prs-t1
OK, but in my case it never succeeds - even an initial install on a newly flashed reader. Any ideas?

Quote:
Each release is self contained and should be able to be installed over any other version.

however, the first thing to try if a new release doesn't work properly is to uninstall the old version and reinstall the new version.
roboreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:21 AM   #119
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur
snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura 2, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350, Palm TX
I've rooted my T1 just after updating to the the current Sony firmware and then installed 0.0.2.0 of your app and get the message "The application SonyPrsT1Home has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again". Unfortunately trying again doesn't seem to help, nor does a reboot.

From reading above, this looks like it should have been fixed with one of the 0.0.1.x releases?

I have no microSD card if that matters.

Cheers,
Simon.
snarkophilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 08:22 AM   #120
mrspaceman
Lurker in the Dark

I've removed all of the calibre database code in ver 0.0.2.1 to try to get a package that works for everyone.

please let me know if this version works for you all,
thanks.