Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-09-2011, 06:05 PM   #1
polly
Evangelist
polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650, PocketBook 360, Astak PocketPro (RIP), Tungsten T3
Tuff Love Slim&Lite Silicone Skin Case Cover

Is anyone familiar with this cover? It looks like the front snaps on, sort of like the PB 360. I'd like to find something that protects the reader, is easy to use, and doesn't add a lot of bulk.
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 07:56 PM   #2
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Sony T1, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW1
I haven't, but I may race you to one of the last 2. That looks like something that would be quite protective when carrying it around.
Pomtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2011, 08:11 PM   #3
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
The cover looks great! I'd love to pick one up.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 02:52 AM   #4
jakeluck
Groupie
jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

looks great! what does "snaps on" mean? can the front cover be attached to the back when reading?

Last edited by jakeluck; 04-10-2011 at 03:02 AM.
jakeluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 03:02 AM   #5
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Is there a front to it? I don't think so. It looks like a regular silicon skin to me.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2011, 04:38 AM   #6
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asawi View Post
Is there a front to it? I don't think so. It looks like a regular silicon skin to me.
Jepp.

Tuff-luv doesn't do any snap covers. AFAIK there is no manufacturer who does. They only snap covers I ever heard of were the ones the devices are sold with and that only are PB 360° and iRiver Cover Story.
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 08:30 AM   #7
polly
Evangelist
polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppaea View Post
Jepp.

Tuff-luv doesn't do any snap covers. AFAIK there is no manufacturer who does. They only snap covers I ever heard of were the ones the devices are sold with and that only are PB 360° and iRiver Cover Story.
That's what I was trying to figure out before purchasing. I'd really like to find a case that will protect it without adding any bulk. I have a CaseLogic zipper case that I used with my PEz; it provided great protection, but doesn't fit in my pocket.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:13 AM   #8
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by polly View Post
That's what I was trying to figure out before purchasing. I'd really like to find a case that will protect it without adding any bulk. I have a CaseLogic zipper case that I used with my PEz; it provided great protection, but doesn't fit in my pocket.

You could try to ask some Opus owners if they have an original sleeve cover that they do not use anymore. I had one MR member send me theirs for my Astak Pocket Pro..which I no longer have, however I use it for my Sony 350...Not a perfect fit, but with a bit of paper in the sleeve it fits snugly and also fits into my pocket...
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:00 AM   #9
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
What about the original Sony cover? Nothing could be slimmer! It depends on the kind of pocket you are talking about, it is not good for backpack transport but does fine in all of my handbags/purses. even in the tiniest theater clutch.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:14 AM   #10
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Quote:
... even in the tiniest theater clutch.
Never leave home without a reader!

Sony's cover is not only slimline, it's a also good prottection, since it's pretty hard. A rubber band to keep it closet is a good add-on. A thin sleeve made out of some scrap fabric is also good if you're worried about things getting between the reader and the cover.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 11:00 AM   #11
polly
Evangelist

Quote:
What about the original Sony cover? Nothing could be slimmer! It depends on the kind of pocket you are talking about, it is not good for backpack transport but does fine in all of my handbags/purses. even in the tiniest theater clutch.
The Sony cover is great, but I don't have a lot of confidence in its ability to protect the reader from jolts or from other things, like keys, scratching the screen. In a perfect world, I wouldn't have to take the reader out of the case to read it.
Old 04-10-2011, 12:00 PM   #12
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat

Quote:
The Sony cover is great, but I don't have a lot of confidence in its ability to protect the reader from jolts or from other things, like keys, scratching the screen. In a perfect world, I wouldn't have to take the reader out of the case to read it.
When I was younger some of my friends were mocking me, I'd behave like an old woman. For things changing purses to fit the outfit and match my shoes but more often because I owned things they thought ridiculous. One of them being a key wallet.

It prevents your stuff, i.e. coat pockets and bags from being poked holes into, other things from being scratched.

You can make it a gift opportunity. Find a company you really love like Cartier, Montblanc or Smythson (they have the most adorable colours) and have yourself gifted with matching wallet, key wallet, pen case and make up bag.

You will be able to buy the most expensive bags and keep them for eternity this way. And good looking too, as there will be no ink stains, no lipstick smears and no holes in them.

Think about it: all great leather companies supply this things since ages, there is a reason why.
Old 04-10-2011, 12:22 PM   #13
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
I had a key wallet, too. Now I keep my keys in a special compartment in my purse, but a key wallet would be really handy. I should try to find mine.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 12:50 PM   #14
jakeluck
Groupie
jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

this is the cardboard prototype that I have been carrying and refining in the past 2 months, I intend to make a plastic version, similar to the slide on cover ala a handheld calculator.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ecproto1.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	69752  

Last edited by jakeluck; 04-10-2011 at 01:17 PM.
jakeluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 06:46 AM   #15
entropy
Enthusiast
entropy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeluck View Post
...I intend to make a plastic version, similar to the slide on cover ala a handheld calculator.
Clever - so then you can turn it around and slip it back in the case to read? Will the buttons be available?
entropy is offline   Reply With Quote