Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-12-2013, 11:54 AM   #211
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
@papierflieger: Thank you for the pics and welcome to the board. I personally prefer not to have a colored border around my PW, but this sure is a gorgeous case at a very good price. Wait, I just realized that when you select "no accessories" the price jumps to around $24, so it's actually a bit more expensive than I thought.... a bit on the expensive side for a PU case.

It seems to be the exact same one as this $15 one, just with a different branding.

How did you get that specific font onto your device? Did you buy the PW in Japan?

Last edited by xendula; 01-12-2013 at 12:03 PM.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:03 PM   #212
Ocicat
Groupie
Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Librie,PRS900,950,K4, KT, PW1&2, KV
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I ordered another one just now....with the magnetic closure, in dark blue. I don't think they were selling the one with the closure, when I bought my light brown (first link-both are same seller). There are times when I would prefer that closure!
I bought the same case with the magnetic cover and clasp from ebay seller googleproduct, $14.90 + $2.90 shipping from Hong Kong to USA. Ordered 12-8-12 and received 12-31-12.

Only put it on my PW today because I had to shave 3 of the plastic corners, it was so tight. Will test for a week and if it is comfortable to read will pay Amazon to stop the SOs. I have been using the Marware Eco-Flip cover with the hand strap.

Question: Does the Amazon magnetic cover have plastic trim on the case or silicone/rubber type?

I have silicone backs for the Samsung and iPad tablets and they are easy to remove.

Last edited by Ocicat; 01-12-2013 at 03:04 PM. Reason: add name of seller
Ocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:50 PM   #213
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocicat View Post
Question: Does the Amazon magnetic cover have plastic trim on the case or silicone/rubber type?

I have silicone backs for the Samsung and iPad tablets and they are easy to remove.
It feels like soft-touch hard plastic.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:58 PM   #214
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
How did you get that specific font onto your device? Did you buy the PW in Japan?
FYI - if you read the thread at the attached link, there is a non-jailbreak simple 'hack' that will bring up other hidden fonts and also allow you to add your own custom fonts if you like. It is VERY simple to do.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=202238
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:08 PM   #215
Ocicat
Groupie
Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Librie,PRS900,950,K4, KT, PW1&2, KV
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
It feels like soft-touch hard plastic.
Thanks! You save me a trip, I was going to see if BB had any.

I bought the cheap case because of the posts regarding its lighter weight, but I thought the plastic trim was due to the lower quality.
Ocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:55 PM   #216
xendula
eBookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSharks View Post
FYI - if you read the thread at the attached link, there is a non-jailbreak simple 'hack' that will bring up other hidden fonts and also allow you to add your own custom fonts if you like. It is VERY simple to do.

Thanks
Old 01-12-2013, 09:21 PM   #217
xendula
eBookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocicat View Post
Thanks! You save me a trip, I was going to see if BB had any.

I bought the cheap case because of the posts regarding its lighter weight, but I thought the plastic trim was due to the lower quality.
Nope, the official case has it as well, though on the official one it appears to be even broader.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:39 AM   #218
papierflieger
papierflieger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.papierflieger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.papierflieger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.papierflieger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.papierflieger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.papierflieger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.papierflieger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.papierflieger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.papierflieger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.papierflieger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.papierflieger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSharks View Post

Yes, this is exactly what I did!

As for the price of the case, I don't think it's too bad. The German amazon shop doesn't have a very good selection and most cases cost a bit more than the ebay one. I guess I could have gone with a cheaper case from a non-EU seller, but I wanted the case to be here in time for the delivery of my kindle. I do really like the look of the bright blue/turquoise-ish case from aliexpress ,though. Tempting...
papierflieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:59 AM   #219
xendula
eBookworm

Duh, I just realized that I had read about adding fonts without jailbreaking the device before.... I am getting senile, it seems....

No, wait, these posts cross reference each other and last thing I knew was that it needed a jailbreak, so thanks again. I'll try it out.

Last edited by xendula; 01-13-2013 at 11:01 AM.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:36 AM   #220
Tijdelijk
Tijdelijk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauxpas View Post
That does look pretty good! You can certainly see a difference between the official cover and this one concerning the quality, but it doesn't seem to be too bad.

And with delivery from the UK being pretty reliable, I might actually order it. Although I'd love to hear from someone who already owns one.
The store unfortunately does not deliver outside the UK. Does anybody know a shop that delivers it in NL?

I'm interested in this cover:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Premium-Te...item3a7c6d899e
Tijdelijk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:40 AM   #221
Tijdelijk
Tijdelijk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Nobody? Can't be the only seller that has this case. Although I can't find anybody else.
Tijdelijk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:56 AM   #222
xendula
eBookworm

Sorry, Tijdelijk, I cheked the US site and they don't have it. Did you try contacting the seller to ask them to make it vailable for shipping outside of the UK?
Old 01-19-2013, 09:31 PM   #223
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Did anyone on here by chance buy one of the cases from googleproduct in the red color? I'd be curious to see a pic, if possible. I'm trying to decide between the red and the brown for a kindle touch.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:05 AM   #224
xendula
eBookworm

^ I did, and I am really bad about uploading pictures, since I surf on my iPad. I'll try to remember to do it tomorrow. It's a very nice, intense red.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:51 AM   #225
fauxpas
Connoisseur
fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW
Has anyone else noticed their case smelling... bad?

I'm pretty happy with it in general (the official one is quite a bit nicer but also heavier and a lot more expensive) but I'm seriously hoping that the smell is going to wear off after a couple of weeks.
fauxpas is offline   Reply With Quote