Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 08-01-2008, 12:28 PM   #1
tzutolin
Connoisseur
tzutolin began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
How many devices can be registered on Mobipocket.com?

Hi,

I just registered on mobipocket.com, and I am wondering how many devices can be added to the account, is there any limitation? And is it possible to delete, add devices in an unlimited number of times?

Thanks & Regards,
David
tzutolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 12:37 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You can have four devices registered at any one time, but you can remove old ones and replace them with new ones.

I'd strongly suggest that you don't shop directly at MobiPocket.com, by the way. They are the "wholesalers" for virtually all the other Mobi stores, and always charge full prices for books. Even worse, if you live in the EU, they add 19.6% VAT to the displayed prices .

You'll find the same books at sites like FictionWise or BooksOnBoard at generally much lower prices - and no VAT!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 04:46 PM   #3
Argel
Opinionated [but right]
Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.Argel is no ebook tyro.

Device: Cybook Gen3, PRS 505, Kindle International, HTC Desire
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You can have four devices registered at any one time, but you can remove old ones and replace them with new ones.
I notice that when Reader notifies that a new device needs to be authorised at the expense of a previous one it states that this is not an automatic right and that the number of swaps may be limited to protect copyright holders' rights.

Is there any indication that there is a line drawn in the sand at some hypothetical number of devices?
Argel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 02:55 AM   #4
tzutolin
Connoisseur
tzutolin began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post

I'd strongly suggest that you don't shop directly at MobiPocket.com, by the way. They are the "wholesalers" for virtually all the other Mobi stores, and always charge full prices for books. Even worse, if you live in the EU, they add 19.6% VAT to the displayed prices .

You'll find the same books at sites like FictionWise or BooksOnBoard at generally much lower prices - and no VAT!
Thanks for the suggestions, Harry.

The books on the FictionWise are indeed cheaper than the MobiPocket.com.

P.S. Thanks god I am not living in the EU currently.

David
tzutolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 03:12 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argel View Post
Is there any indication that there is a line drawn in the sand at some hypothetical number of devices?
I suppose that if you tried to replace one of your devices every day, there would be a problem. Replacing one a year or so, which is what I've done, certainly works just fine.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote