Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you use Duokan Lite generally?
from the boot screen 127 34.32%
with launchpad hotkeys 34 9.19%
haven't used yet 209 56.49%
Voters: 370. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-22-2011, 02:37 PM   #181
George's Kindle
Enthusiast
George's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
open rpm file with 7zip.
At last it worked with the bz2 files. Great stuff. Thanks again for your help, thomass.

George
George's Kindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 02:42 PM   #182
George's Kindle
Enthusiast
George's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beauty

German txt file

I attach here a German text file for the latest Version of Duokan Lite from 2011-12-08.

Have fun with it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1120136dev.jpg
Views:	650
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	80277   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1120133dev.jpg
Views:	611
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	80278  
Attached Files
File Type: txt Deutsch.txt (19.2 KB, 457 views)

Last edited by George's Kindle; 01-05-2012 at 12:51 PM.
Old 12-23-2011, 12:08 PM   #183
jarhead
Enthusiast
jarhead began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi 3.2.1
I see in the attachment above it is showing the title of the book at the top. My Kindle is not showing it; is there a way to toggle the title on or off?
jarhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 01:03 PM   #184
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarhead View Post
I see in the attachment above it is showing the title of the book at the top. My Kindle is not showing it; is there a way to toggle the title on or off?
It is only displayed when you press the menu button.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:06 PM   #185
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by George's Kindle View Post
I attach here a German text file for the latest Version of Duokan Lite from 2011-12-08.

Have fun with it.
Unfortunately, your translation contains a number of mistakes, most notably "Deppenleerzeichen". For example:

Typing Speed = Tipp Geschwindigkeit => Tipp-Geschwindigkeit
PDF Sharpen Setting = PDF Schärfung => PDF-Schärfung

Please note also that English menu options are usually translated as infinitives in German. For example:

Add Bookmark = Lesezeichen setzen => Lesezeichen hinzufügen
Delete Bookmark = Lösche Lesezeichen => Lesezeichen löschen
Hide Main Window = Verstecke das Hauptfenster => Hauptfenster ausblenden

You may want to edit your translation and upload a revised version. (For more information about German software translations see this MS style guide.)
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 01:53 AM   #186
George's Kindle
Enthusiast

@Doitsu,

Thanks for your feedback. The Deppenleerzeichen do not really bother me. I don't claim that it is a perfect german version - so feel free to make your own corrections.

I made some changes - because some translations were actually misleading.

@All

If you use the file and you notice some mistakes or misleading phrases - please post them here.

Last edited by George's Kindle; 01-05-2012 at 01:01 PM.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:31 PM   #187
George's Kindle
Enthusiast

I followed the advice in the first post:

"append this line to DK_System\Lite\config.ini on Kindle
Code:

DefaultSystem=3"

to prevent the dual boot option and start directly with the Kindle OS.

However, I still get the selection screen. Is there something else I have to change in order to restart directly with Kindle OS? (It is a K3 Wifi with firmware 3.3 and jailbreak).
Old 12-31-2011, 10:31 PM   #188
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by George's Kindle View Post
I followed the advice in the first post:

"append this line to DK_System\Lite\config.ini on Kindle
Code:

DefaultSystem=3"

to prevent the dual boot option and start directly with the Kindle OS.

However, I still get the selection screen. Is there something else I have to change in order to restart directly with Kindle OS? (It is a K3 Wifi with firmware 3.3 and jailbreak).
In your case it worked as it supposed to. if you not use this option and wait without pressing any button it boots Duokan Lite. when you write this line to your config.ini it will boot the KindleOS when you wait.

In other word to check whether it works, you can restart Kindle and not press any button until it boots one of them.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:25 AM   #189
George's Kindle
Enthusiast

Thanks, thomass, for these infos. Now I understand how it works and it indeed works fine.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:00 AM   #190
femto
femto began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
open rpm file with 7zip.
Hm, I opened it with 7zip, but all I can see is a file with the ending .cpio?

Edit: Found a .bz2 file with the mentioned files!

Last edited by femto; 01-03-2012 at 11:16 AM.
femto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:20 AM   #191
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by femto View Post
Hm, I opened it with 7zip, but all I can see is a file with the ending .cpio?
click double to open it until you see the dict files:
Click image for larger version

Name:	rpm unzipped with 7zip.png
Views:	584
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	80738

Last edited by thomass; 01-03-2012 at 11:30 AM.
Old 01-03-2012, 12:06 PM   #192
femto

Quote:
click double to open it until you see the dict files:
Thanks a lot, didn't see that!
Old 01-04-2012, 02:58 AM   #193
femto

BTW, thomass,

I've found some ePub which are not displayed by Duokan Lite.

These ePubs are from a german eBook store and have a digital watermark added. It's not a DRM mechanism, since I can convert these files easily and without any problem to the Mobipocket format using kindlegen or convert-online.com.

Are you interested in one of the files?
Old 01-04-2012, 05:26 AM   #194
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by femto View Post
BTW, thomass,

I've found some ePub which are not displayed by Duokan Lite.

These ePubs are from a german eBook store and have a digital watermark added. It's not a DRM mechanism, since I can convert these files easily and without any problem to the Mobipocket format using kindlegen or convert-online.com.

Are you interested in one of the files?
please send it to kindleuser@duokan.com with an explenation of the problem.
see this post: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=151
Old 01-04-2012, 05:34 AM   #195
femto

Quote:
please send it to kindleuser@duokan.com with an explenation of the problem.
see this post: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=151
Sorry, overlooked this post!

The problematic ePub with the digital watermark is on its way ...

Tags
doukan, duokan, duokan lite, epub, information, keyboard, kindle keyboard, mod, pdf