Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-22-2010, 09:56 AM   #16
srb12
srb12 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs 950
Just got the sony prs 950 and the M-edge platform nook cover for it. Fits great, but the straps cover up buttons slightly, stylus still retreivable. Only one it impairs operating is wireless button, which I use infrequently. I just undo top straps & push up slightly to reach it, takes a about 2 seconds.
srb12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 05:19 AM   #17
remesh
remesh began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-950SC
The M-Edge kindle 2 platform cover is a better bargain at 25USD or even lesser for some color schemes.
remesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:54 AM   #18
simulacrum
Connoisseur
simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.

Device: PRS-950
Quote:
Originally Posted by OddsRatio View Post
Target has a sale on its M-edge stuff for Nook and Kindle. I ordered the executive case for the Nook and they also have one of the other trip jackets. They offer free ship on the m-edge sleeves and I figure I can return it in the store if it doesn't end up fitting and just get one off of etsy.
How was the executive? did it fit? I just got a 950 and am considering getting a leather jacket-style case. The M-edge executive seems pretty nice. I've heard the Platform case for Kindle2 is good too.. I'm just not sure about the top opening thing - doesn't seem as sturdy as the side opening design. There was a "Cover-up" leather cover for the 950 on ebay recently but it shot up in price then wasn't relisted..

Last edited by simulacrum; 03-29-2011 at 08:56 AM.
simulacrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:32 PM   #19
NLight95
Connoisseur
NLight95 will become famous soon enoughNLight95 will become famous soon enoughNLight95 will become famous soon enoughNLight95 will become famous soon enoughNLight95 will become famous soon enoughNLight95 will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Is anyone using Sony's PRS-950 cover? Comments?
NLight95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:18 PM   #20
duncann
duncann began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-950, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLight95 View Post
I'm using the non-lighted cover. It is a simple, functional cover. And that's about it. It doesn't distract the eye with anything shiny, uneven, strange-bright-colors, etc. while reading. The front and back are held in place by the magnets in the reader and strips of metal in the cover, which works rather well. The front cover can be folded all the way over to the back cover if you like to read that way. And the feel of the cover in the hands is similar to a matte textured paperback.
duncann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:35 PM   #21
Brian M
Brian M has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Brian M has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Brian M has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Brian M has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Brian M has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Brian M has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Brian M has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Brian M has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Brian M has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Brian M has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Brian M has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Sure wish I could find one of those... :/
Brian M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 10:35 PM   #22
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Yep. Plain and utilitarian. On the plus side, if I put it on a tabletop that isn't pristinely clean, I don't worry about it.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:29 AM   #23
NLight95
Connoisseur
NLight95 will become famous soon enoughNLight95 will become famous soon enoughNLight95 will become famous soon enoughNLight95 will become famous soon enoughNLight95 will become famous soon enoughNLight95 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncann View Post
I'm using the non-lighted cover. It is a simple, functional cover. And that's about it. It doesn't distract the eye with anything shiny, uneven, strange-bright-colors, etc. while reading. The front and back are held in place by the magnets in the reader and strips of metal in the cover, which works rather well. The front cover can be folded all the way over to the back cover if you like to read that way. And the feel of the cover in the hands is similar to a matte textured paperback.
Do you think it would be protective enough if you dropped the PRS-950? Does it have much padding?
Old 03-30-2011, 10:30 AM   #24
NLight95
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
Yep. Plain and utilitarian. On the plus side, if I put it on a tabletop that isn't pristinely clean, I don't worry about it.
Can you clean it easily?
Old 03-30-2011, 11:06 AM   #25
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
Quote:
Is anyone using Sony's RS-950 cover? Comments?
N, Yes, and it (the unlighted one) is ideal.

I insert it (with the ereader, of course) into an InCase sleeve whenever I'm not using it.
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 02:50 PM   #26
duncann
duncann began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-950, T1
Quote:
Do you think it would be protective enough if you dropped the PRS-950? Does it have much padding?
I'd have to say yes and no. There's way too many variables to say either way: anything from floor type; carpeting?; height dropped from; the angle dropped at; do you try to clumsily grab for it once it's falling, accidentally hitting it forcefully and chuck it even further?; does it hit a table first?; are you outside in a strong wind that catches it and throws it furthur?. Well, you probably get the idea.

But if you do drop it, it's likely the cover will open, as the magnets aren't very strong. For me, I always read in the same place so I don't really need a cover, but it does help keep dust particles off the screen.

As far a cleaning it, I would imagine using a damp, lint free cloth would do the trick. Although it doesn't seem to get dirty unless you have consistently filthy hands while holding it; then it might.
duncann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:45 PM   #27
simulacrum
Connoisseur
simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.simulacrum is faster than slow light.

So anyone using a Nook cover for their 950? or One of these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cover-Up-PRS.../dp/B004NVQVNW

any feedback?
simulacrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 04:47 AM   #28
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Quote:
Can you clean it easily?
Un-impregnated micro-fibre cloths are brilliant for most anything - don't use any cleanser etc.. just dampen with cold/warm water if thought necessary, try without first.
Good for screens as well, n.b. greasy fingie marks. ( ! )

Most "cheapo" discount stores will have 'em, for a dollar/pound or so, last ages, usually in ghastly colours, but you can't have everything...................

Last edited by carpetmojo; 03-31-2011 at 04:48 AM. Reason: missed a bit.
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:23 AM   #29
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Can you clean it easily?
Clean it? Oh dear, I'll have to discuss that with the housekeeper.

Seriously, I have yet to wipe it with anything more industrious than my fingers to remove a few crumbs. It is the perfect, bland cover.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote