Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-12-2010, 12:14 PM   #1
tvuongpham
Banned
tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kindle Paperwhite 2nd gen, Kindle KB (dead) PRS-T1, PRS 350
Question Target no longer selling sony ereader?

Perhaps the sales clerk was misinformed and gave me wrong info. I called today asking when the elusive prs350 cover will be in stock. He said the are getting rid of the kiosk sony display and only selling the kindle?? Huh??

Hopefully he is wrong and Sony is sending out a new display (new power supply micro usb et al). I am in socal. Weird. Because BestBuy is carrying Nook, Kindle, Sony and more
tvuongpham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 12:25 PM   #2
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
Their website http://www.target.com/s?keywords=Son..._1_1&x=14&y=12 would seem to disagree.

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 01:39 PM   #3
tvuongpham
Banned
tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tvuongpham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Interesting.. looks like the online ad show "online" availability only.. I guess I will have to wait and see.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:47 PM   #4
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy tab
I bought the last charger Target had for my 300 yesterday, and the guy who checked me out said they weren't carrying the readers any more, but he was just a cashier, not even in the electronics section. There was no Sony display, though they still had the gift cards.
mrscoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 02:57 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_mchale View Post
Their website http://www.target.com/s?keywords=Son..._1_1&x=14&y=12 would seem to disagree.

--
Bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvuongpham View Post
Interesting.. looks like the online ad show "online" availability only.. I guess I will have to wait and see.
Yep.........this is what it says...

"This item is available online, but is not available in stores."
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 02:58 PM   #6
tvuongpham
Banned

Oh well.. so much for Brick and Mortar stores.. read the e-ink writing on the wall.. I ordered my prs350 cover online via ebay. no tax no shipping.. and paypal /ebay coupons.. $6.77 verus 34.99 plus tax..
Old 10-13-2010, 10:17 AM   #7
treetotree
Connoisseur
treetotree has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.treetotree has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.treetotree has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.treetotree has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Jetbook Lite, Kindle DXG,prs-350, wife k3
I was at Target, in Brandon Fl., on Sat 10/09/10, and they said " No more Sonys",only Kindle. There was'nt a sony display, just a very poor kindle display and it was almost empty.
treetotree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:45 AM   #8
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Oh well.. so much for Brick and Mortar stores.. read the e-ink writing on the wall.. I ordered my prs350 cover online via ebay. no tax no shipping.. and paypal /ebay coupons.. $6.77 verus 34.99 plus tax..
It doesn't HAVE to be this way!!!

If stores would get their heads out of the sand, and insist on training their employees.......they could sell anything!

Does anyone else here remember when you were actually trained to work in retail? I started retail sales in the 60's.......yes I know, before many of the members here parents were born!

I remember going to classes teaching how to make change, for crying out loud. You counted the change back to the customer........You were trained in whichever department you worked in, by an older employee, and you learned about the contents.

If you didn't know the answer to something a customer asked, you found someone who did.

Retail today cares nothing about its customer base.....just getting those dollars in the register, which is why the brick and mortar stores are in trouble.

Best Buy is a great example. So is my local Ace hardware, which advertises itself as "your hometown hardware store" but hires friends and relatives (old) ((older than ME!)) who group in a huddle, talk, ignore customers and know nothing about anything asked.

Oops. Better move this to the rant thread.....
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 12:03 PM   #9
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
Quote:
Yeah, I think we need to give this a little more time. It is possible that Target is still in the process of transitioning. They may want to get rid of all the old stock of PRS-300/600's before they start selling the new readers in stores.

To my mind, it doesn't make sense for them to carry only one reader in the stores when Best Buy carries multiple brands.

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 01:08 PM   #10
hnoto
Groupie
hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Several of my local Targets have removed all evidence of EVER selling Sony's and replaced them with Kindle products. I kept checking to see what kind of good sale price I could get on the Sony's (none) and then one day they were all gone. Even the Sony store giftcards have disappeared.
hnoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 03:39 PM   #11
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by treetotree View Post
I was at Target, in Brandon Fl., on Sat 10/09/10, and they said " No more Sonys",only Kindle. There was'nt a sony display, just a very poor kindle display and it was almost empty.
I was just in our local Target and they were the same. There was a poor kindle display and the dept manager said they would no longer be selling Sony Readers, as customers always asked for kindles and many had no idea what a Sony was.

I also stopped at the Best Buy and Staples. Both had the Kindle in matching display cases. The Best Buy had demo 350 and 650 but no units for sale. They also had 2 300s at the full price (I even had the price checked).
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 04:05 PM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Target is run by morons.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote